How did you find Starmade + What got you hooked?

How did you get introduced to Starmade?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    Just interested in how you found it.

Pretty sure this may have been posted before (I got no alerts) so just to make it interesting: What made you play this game and think "Yep-this game is going far and I can't wait for updates"?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I liked the concept, and I joined the community almost immediately. Friendly community + promising game = hooked.

Reactions: Miow22

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Got interested after watching this:

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I've been playing Minecraft for a very long time, and developped a fairly intricate 'Messy Medieval' building style, taught it to a bunch of people and they're now continuing that legacy. ^-^'
    I felt it was time to try something new and stumbled upon Starmade through youtube. First through Jamziboy'n then the Yogscast vids.
    It was minecraft, but in space, I felt. Which gave me more of an opportunity to test out contemporary and sci-fi elements to build with.
    And ships. The ships are so awesome. The ability to custom build them completely and fit them with whatever you so damn well please and have 'em actually function!
    Beats building medieval cogs on Minecraft and tossing warp commands on 'em..
    The fact I happened to stumble upon CR just before it started growing into a very succesful faction, helped with keeping me interested in the game.
    Still, it is factions, the ability to play with others and create for others that drives me to continue to play the game. Even with resets and game updates in the near future.

Reaction score
    I saw the game mentioned as one to keep an eye on (it was a PCGamer article or something like that.), checked it out, and instantly became addicted.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I googled "Spaceship Building Game," because I couldn't find anything like that anywhere, and then on the fifth page or so I found a link to a forum topic that had a link to the Starmade site...
    Then I played. I built. I instantly got hooked. :p

Reaction score
    it was a combnation of google and yogcast. instent hook, after i figuered out my graphic card didn't like the game that is...

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    A fiend told me in summer 2012 about it, we instantly played a bit, and I got hooked by the idea of extremely custom freely movable structures.

Reaction score
    I think I'm a part of the majority. Yogtrain and google. I just stuck around a bit afterwards ;)

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I am a Late Yoggie :u Saw their videos a while after they made them, decided to try and see how it went.

All dis Freedom * ^* I've always been a fan of a Sandbox, but never been able to find one that I liked. Always been a Fan of Space games, but they normally get Boring quick. Then Suddenly, Space Sandbox *^*

As my friend would say; msjhfiunbiufbanguIRHGIKDNGIRYHG

Reactions: Tacotown99
    Reaction score
    Me it was a random suggested link after a Call of Duty video on youtube. I remember the thumbnail was just the game hud and space but I clicked it. The channel was Gaming with Ryan. I'm pretty sure I did the tutorial, went straight to the site and bought a copy of the game. Have been playing ever since.

D

Deleted member 301635

Joined after a friend suggested it. I'm still playing. He's not.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Same, when Corneroids died and Star Made became the new flavor of the month, I found it that way. It's a shame /svgg/ mostly only talks about Space Engineers, but that doesn't really bother me all too much.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Same, when Corneroids died and Star Made became the new flavor of the month, I found it that way. It's a shame /svgg/ mostly only talks about Space Engineers, but that doesn't really bother me all too much.
    Same story here. RIP Corneroids. Remember when Schema use to post in /vg/?

Good times.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    I haven't seen any posts on 4chan about the game, what board?
    /vg/ Videogame Generals. It was /svgg/, Space Voxel Game General, but they spend all their time talking about Space Engineers these days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.