How can I get this mining drill design right for my salvager?

Reaction score
    So I try to make some new salvager, and I am stuck at the nose of my ship. Do you have any suggestions?

I plan on replace the back lights of the drills with red, and let the side-spotlights stay white.

Latest design:
    20160912191123_1.jpg
    More images:

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    looks good so far,for better mining you should layout the modules in a "checkerboard"pattern and fill in with canon modules to slave to the salvager module.

Reaction score
    Thx.

To specify: I am talking about the aesthetical aspect. I just want some ideas for the cover behind the drills as example. And some other ideas might help as well.

Reaction score
    Now thats my latest thing.
    20160913002424_1.jpg
    20160913002832_1.jpg

Last edited:

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    salvage looks pretty much perfect assuming thats 2 checkerboards on seperate comps ;)

The drill idea is pretty damn cool, but I can certainly see how it'd be a problem lol, maybe its the lighting behind them, red deeper inside, maybe some buried beacons would give it a real "Heat" look without making the systems behind the drills too obvious.

Also do those spin by chance? that would be lovely

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    use lavaa and ice for back coloring. mebe some green lighting too

Reaction score
    salvage looks pretty much perfect assuming thats 2 checkerboards on seperate comps ;)

The drill idea is pretty damn cool, but I can certainly see how it'd be a problem lol, maybe its the lighting behind them, red deeper inside, maybe some buried beacons would give it a real "Heat" look without making the systems behind the drills too obvious.

Also do those spin by chance? that would be lovely
    Nah they dont spin. ^^ Not sure if they deepen the immersion so much, compared to the amount of time it costs to set such things up. The logic is not too complicated for me, but still nothing that boosts me up. But feel free to use the design if you like to make some spinning ones. =) Yeah ofc its Salv. + Cannon.

I will see if I try to make more out of the design. Personally I like the yellow, I am not so focused on looking agressive or dangerous. Especially if its just an industrial ship. For industrial ships I like the efficient and used look. Like rusty but still nice and painted. Imagine an old trading company sailing ship. It has a new paint and white sails but you see the old wood and scars in the figurehead, the rusty nails in the planks, and shells at the keel.