how big can I build?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am hoping to build something that is 160 km in diameter. that's 16,000 blocks. are builds limited by the size of a sector? if so, does anybody know the size of a sector? would be good to know in case I have to scale down.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That is actually 160,000 blocks.. Not 16,000. One block = one meter. 1km=1000m. So you could do 16km with 16,000 blocks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sectors are only about 3k km I think. If you build something that spans across sectors you will crash the game from all the collision going on. I think effectively the biggest thing that makes any sense is about 500km.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    oh crap, excuse my typo. 3k km is far more than I need. means that if I wanted, a diam. of 900km is also doable. sweet. thank you very much!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think a sector is more like 3k meters. Think about it, you travel at 50kph, a sector would take more than 2 solid days to cross if it were 3k km.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    They are just confusing km with m. I think the biggest practical object you could build with be as large as a sector. I don\'t know what would happen if you built something across more than one sector but that would make things different. A ship that size would obviously be useless, but I could see a very nice station realisticly being made that size.

Bow

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You travel at 50km/h that means that 3km would take 2 - 3 minutes to cross. I\'m pretty sure they\'re smaller than 3 km or we travel faster than 50km/h. Because it takes me that amount of time to move across several sectors.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Bow, I was referencing TheRomantics, who said that each sector is 3k km. To translate, that means 3000 km.
    I then said, 3000 meters (which if you don\'t know metric is 3 km), maybe, but not 3000 km, because 3000 km would take 2 solid days to travel at 50 kph.

Does that make more sense?

Fum

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Sectors are only something like 2,000 blocks in diameter.

Reaction score
    it takes me in my 50 kmph ship 5 seconds to get acros a sector so i think that sectors are similer to chuncks (if you played minecraft like i have chunks are lagers area of blocks.) so a sector is like 1000 cubes in diameter or cuz cubes are 1 m thay are 1000 km in diameter so you are constricted to a sector if you want a sector sized ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Also, to build something larger than a sector would cause a lot of crashes. The game is still in alpha, so we need to give iit some time to build a large 2,000m.+ ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    1 block is 1m3
    Sectors are 2,600m3

For size you technically are only limited by your hardware. Though to build something that large you will need to clear the sectors and turn off AI spawning.

FineNerd managed to build out to 4633m from the core in both directions.
    (So it was 9266m long total)
    The only issue he found was that the ship would turn invisible from certain angles. It did not crash the game.

Good luck!

Reaction score
    Ok. so i have made a ship that spanned across and entire secotr and a half. The only thing wrong with it is when sectors move and i hit a shop the ship basically get hit by a truck bigger then it and flys long ways a way but the game never crashed with me ,(and i have a really cruddy comp that can only play on a veiw distance of 3 or eles i start to lag)
    The ship was the executor off of starwars.
    Srry if my grammer/spelling is wrong.