How are you supposed to make money early game? (single player)

Reaction score
    A year ago I would normally just farm ice crystals or cacti and sell them for 1000 a pop, make a ton of money, make a huge ship, and then go fighting pirates. Sometimes if I got lucky and found a shop that had massively different prices quickly I would just shuttle a ton of things between the two shops for profit. It seems now though that they killed every way to make money I can think of. I have found 4 different shops, all of which have exactly the same prices across the board. If you make factories, every single block that can be made sells for the less than the parts it is made of, even if only slightly. Literally the only way I can think to make money is to just grind ore for like 8 hours until I have enough to build a ship big enough to kill pirates. If this was an intentional design decision, I have no idea why it was put in place, instead of making the game more balanced and diverse it is more grindy, linear, and boring than ever.

Is single player just broken right now or is this how things work in multiplayer too?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1428905253,1428905142][/DOUBLEPOST]I have heard people mention that I am stupid for grinding because factories and flying between shops is more profitable, but all prices are fixed throughout my whole galaxy. No idea what is going on.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Mine stuff.
    Make stuff in factories.
    Make a bigger miner.
    Mine more stuff.
    Make more stuff in factories.
    Sell produced stuff.

Reaction score
    One of the best high profit items to make early on is carved mineral blocks. You can buy the raw minerals from shops, or mine them, refine them, and craft the carved versions. When you sell them you make back 30 times your initial investment. They're not worth much per block so you need a moderate sized factory to make large numbers of them.

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It was added to create more need to use factories, you can get all of the parts much easier using the factories and refining everything. :p

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Trade between NPC shops, their prices can fluctuate wildly.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty Gold
    The two Ms of easy multi-player moneymaking are Mining and Murder. What you can't mine, you steal. Simple as that.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty Gold
    *So.

It's icing on the cake. Studies show that things are more valuable when the original owners are dead. Trufax.

Now I'm off. I've reached my post quota for today.

Reaction score
    A year ago I would normally just farm ice crystals or cacti and sell them for 1000 a pop, make a ton of money, make a huge ship, and then go fighting pirates. Sometimes if I got lucky and found a shop that had massively different prices quickly I would just shuttle a ton of things between the two shops for profit. It seems now though that they killed every way to make money I can think of. I have found 4 different shops, all of which have exactly the same prices across the board. If you make factories, every single block that can be made sells for the less than the parts it is made of, even if only slightly. Literally the only way I can think to make money is to just grind ore for like 8 hours until I have enough to build a ship big enough to kill pirates. If this was an intentional design decision, I have no idea why it was put in place, instead of making the game more balanced and diverse it is more grindy, linear, and boring than ever.

Is single player just broken right now or is this how things work in multiplayer too?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1428905253,1428905142][/DOUBLEPOST]I have heard people mention that I am stupid for grinding because factories and flying between shops is more profitable, but all prices are fixed throughout my whole galaxy. No idea what is going on.

I name it Cigan Way to get rich you take a build block go to planet set 10x10x10 and spam right click if you can to set more then do it if you have auto clicker USE IT XD

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I name it Cigan Way to get rich you take a build block go to planet set 10x10x10 and spam right click if you can to set more then do it if you have auto clicker USE IT XD

Hasn't worked for over a year. Also, nice necropost.