Hover craft on stations

Reaction score
    How to make hover craft (with repulse module) so it will work on stations?

I cannot get it going, I create simple vehicle that just: 1 ship core, 4 repulse module, 3 reactor, 1 thruster.
    But it just fell to the floor, regarding of station gravity chamber settings.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    For a repulsing ship to work, you must remember to dedicate some thrust to repulsors in the thruster calibration window. This will allow hovering on any block-based entity (just not the sides of one). For hovering in gravity, you may need a Mobility Chamber with Anti-Gravity 1 or 2.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Use an Entity Gravity Mobility Chamber on the station, then make a floater with 10:1 thrust-to-mass ratio and you'll have a winner. I've done that myself and it does work. Conventional ships need the Anti-Gravity chamber, because they're too heavy for the 10:1 TMR.

With repulsors you can make a small tram, or a train, but it generally doesn't work that well on larger builds.

Reaction score
    Thanks this works.

Now I have another issue, it looks like that hover craft does not affected by docked entity "referenced" gravity. If I dock platform to a infinity spinning rail rotor, and than stand on it, as a player, I will be rotated just fine. But my hover bike will be just smacked by rotating platform, and send flying.

Is there are a way to make hover ships follow same rules as player entity for gravity frame of reference?

Reaction score
    Is there are a way to make hover ships follow same rules as player entity for gravity frame of reference?
    I hope not. It doesn't make any sense for a hovering entity to have enough grip/friction to stick to whatever it's hovering over.

Maybe (if there's some kind of ceiling) you can put the repulsors upside-down so that they push the ship down and increase grip/friction; but in that case I'd suspect the game doesn't model grip/friction in a realistic way and that the ship will just "bounce slide" on the surface until it falls off the edge (in other words, I'd expect the game to treat it as a series of elastic collisions between extremely hard materials).

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    There isn't any artificial traction when using repulsors. Maybe a mobility chamber chain for Repulse Traction would be worth adding in the future? Also, if they made docked repulsors affect the mothership you could make a sort of mag-lev device, which would snap a repulsing ship to a hull block "rail".​

Reaction score
    Maybe a mobility chamber chain for Repulse Traction would be worth adding in the future?
    Yes, this would be great. Currently, gravity logic is very confusing, as it affect player entities and ship entities differently. I will add it to a suggestions.