Hotkeys and weapons firing in flight mode.

Reaction score
    Would be really awesome if we could fire weapons assigned to the action bar numbers just by pressing those numbers, instead of having to scroll between the systems and then fire them. Have it function like an action bar on an MMO.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    This would allow you to fire every weapon at once, which is why I am told that the activators can't be tied to the hotbar.

Reaction score
    This would allow you to fire every weapon at once, which is why I am told that the activators can't be tied to the hotbar.
    You could fix that by adding a global cooldown of ~1 second shared across all systems. That way you can't just mash the keyboard and fire everything in the same instant, but you'd still keep the quality of life aspect. Say you fire your missiles, that also incurs a 1 second global cooldown on every other weapon system regardless of if it's another missile or beam or cannon or whatever.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    ^ that

If I want to fire all my weapons at once in a single alpha strike (and deplete all my power in the process) I should be allowed to do so.

It's not like I can't already slide my finger across the keyboard numbers while holding down the trigger to fire everything at once. Keeping activators from being used in the hotbar for that single (very bad) reason also restricts so many things. What If I want to make an automated drone launch (with doors opening and all the jazz) tied to the hotbar?

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I thought the end goal was to allow the activators to be able to be used in the hot bar... If they don't add that feature they are really neutering the system as a whole. Sure you can make neat doors and blinking lights... But beyond spectacle is it really all that useful if you cannot trigger weapon arrays as a pilot? No burst fire, no gatling style cannons, no additional indicators and other visual cues to weapons. I've seen talk about adding plex doors to reveal lava after a shot to make it look like the gun is cooling off, lights that make it look like the guns are charging.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'm pretty sure devs said they were going to put logic blocks on the hotbar.

It'd be nice to be able to link multiple weapons systems to a single key, or even have the same weapon in multiple slots.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I'm pretty sure devs said they were going to put logic blocks on the hotbar.

It'd be nice to be able to link multiple weapons systems to a single key, or even have the same weapon in multiple slots.
    This is relevant:
    http://bugs.star-made.org/issues/358#change-2287

Talks about adding the power nerf from having multiple projectiles on a single computer to activators. With this I really don't see why they would not allow us to have activators in the hotbar.