Hostile Planet Environments

Reaction score
    It'd be awesome if most planets were incapable of supporting life naturally. This would make it so natural Earth-like planets with oxygen are a rarity and exploring the depths space would be more rewarding. Planets could have randomized features such as gravity strength, size, materials of the core and surface, etc.

For example, you could land on ice planet where there's no oxygen and it's a barren wasteland. You then would go outside with a small supply of oxygen and set up a small outpost with an oxygen module, providing oxygen to an area around it (the module could be stacking to provide a bigger radius).

And maybe even planets that have extremely hostile surfaces where the only place you can survive is underground.

What do you guys think?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Would be pretty cool if this was implemented in any way. Maybe server administrators could decide what and how many planets of a type appear.

Have my bump.

Reaction score
    Having that and even if not extremely hostile enviroments, have things like Sandstorms, Blizzards or something alike. Making Shelter a big priority when living on Non-Earthlike Planets. This would force people to either adapt onto planets and make them hard to get to but they\'d have to adapt to the harsh enviroments.

Making Home Planets for the weak being Earth Planets.

I\'ve discussed this on servers. It\'d add a whole new variety to the game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think it would be cool to have alien ecosystoms on some planets.

Containing carnivores, herbivores and omnivores that you cant abduct and take onto your ship, maybe even relese hostile creatures into your friends stations to battle with them.

Reaction score
    I think this would add a new direction to the game, another set of goals to accomplish.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Great idea. Aliens would be awesome. Maybe you could kill and eat them so they can introduce survival mechanics?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Lot of work to add weather, changing terrain, animals etc but it\'s possible it will be in - especially since stuff like handheld weaponry is planned. I hope it would get extended though to whole inventory system, with spacesuits offering varied protection from both damage and elements that would allow exploration of some planets with deadly environment (corrosive/acidic atmosphere, very high/low temperature etc not fitting for default suit), possibly also altering \'base\' stats like health, speed etc. but that\'s going far, far into the future.