Honest confessions of an ex-odium pact faction leader

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Seeing post slimier to this I decided to write my own, covering in a short bit my time in the pact.

As many people that play on GenXNova do, I originally hatted Vaygr. After one of my factions allies had actually managed to find a half-stocked vaygr fleet carrier in deep space. Being an 'enemy' of Vaygr I became interested in the possibility of finding one myself and I searched around. However I made a risky move and Vaygr caught wind of my search, but instead of camping my homebase or attacking me. Zoro pmed me and we talked for a while. I tried to be diplomatic and everything, In all honesty I was really searching for the carrier out of curiosity, starmade is a game after all and I had admitted that I knew that my ships probably weren't good enough to actually take the thing out even if I wanted to. I don't know if the odium pact was short on member factions or what but I agreed to join when offered the chance, seriously what was I going to do say no? since that point my faction (me and the the 4 or so active members) pretty much became Vaygr's vassal. We were still technically independent but because I like fun we did join them in as many organised battles as we could.
    While I was in the odium pact (also known as the sodium pack, the opium sack, etc..yes we made fun of our name too during ts conversations.) Zoro took me under his wing and taught me on private servers what he knew about building ships for pvp, and I learned quite a bit about how weapon systems can be made more effective. I was able to design my own ship that I tested against vaygrs in a fleet skirmish where I commanded a fleet of 6 all in my ships. Though Zoro was also testing a new vaygr ship that outmatched both his old ships and my ships entirely, I knew I was going to loose but I was able to try out an interesting strategy that I hadn't seen before in pvp which impressed Anon(his name will be anon because I don't remember his name, he mediated the battle)
    I did drone assaults on home bases. Which was fun.
    I participated in a few fleet battles against onus singularity. Once in a tiny frigate and once in my own ship. While I was in the frigate (battle of Duc) I wasn't the biggest help but I was able to make some interesting observations. There was no trickery, nothing was unfair, we didn't grossly outnumber the opposing fleet, no exploits were employed. The fact was that even in my little frigate our ships were just made better and our fleet was better coordinated. We were able to destroy or run off all of the opposing fleet.
    However there was something that was really annoying that did effect both sides during that battle and that was lag and missiles just not connecting with their target, prime suspect, excessive use of swarm missiles. Just so many swarm missiles being spammed out by the Onus ships caused a lot of lag and a lot of missiles that would actually do some damage to be dropped by the server.
    My second fleet battle was rather short lived however after single handedly taking out a target of equal mass I flew to close to a sun and had to retreat due to excessive damage and generally being useless afterward.
    My third fleet battle WHERE I ACTUALLY GOT PEOPLE FROM MY FACTION TO JOIN IN was cancelled due to excessive server lag *sad face*

But I still had plans for the future in the odium pact My faction would be a manufacturing powerhouse (due to so many members that enjoyed mining and acquiring resources) as well as the siege fleet. Vaygr would continue operations as usual with us at their back however this happened :

And suddenly I couldn't play starmade or even access the internet for the longest time.

Since then what was left of my faction has been PVO'ed and my faction has been kicked from the odium pack for being useless.

The last thing I did with the odium pact before Mr.Life up there did his business was a (not so)friendly game of cards against humanity. I've got to say I enjoyed my time being "The bad guy" for a while and being awesome at pvp in a game for once.

I do plan to get back into doing starmade projects again, whether or not I want to go back into pvp factions or not I have not decided.

I took my time to type out something honest, have fun trolling in the replies I probably wont read :3 <3