Homeworld 2 Massive Progenitor Mothership Build "Starting"

Reaction score
    Hello I'm WarLordXbolt, I want to create the full intact Progenitor Mothership from Homeworld 2.-Which was tron to pieces in the game-. Now due to the size of the ship I will do a 1:1 scale of it. Only thing is that i need the measurements of the ship, but there is no data on that matter I could find. So if anyone could help out that would be Awesome!!!!!!!!

progenitor_13216.jpg

Reaction score
    I don't know anything off hand, but I have connections with people who know the original developers, i'll see what I can do for you
    [doublepost=1467535551,1467534779][/doublepost]Turns out I don't need to, the information exists on the wiki
    Progenitor Mothership

"15,000 metres" according to the wiki

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    a 15km ship would destroy the game engine regardless of how good of a computer you think you have

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Azereiah is correct. The largest you could practically build is 2-4 kilometers.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    You wouldn't even be able to do it, Crusade discovered rendering issues at a little over 4km

Reaction score
    Well, can ships that are docked together share a large amount of power, shields, movement?

Reaction score
    Well, I got to the ship rod to be 15,000 long and add power plus a jump drive. Turn with this thing in nearly impossible and engines take forever to get up to speed. But 15,000 meters seems short for the size of this ship, i believe it is 15,000 km not meters.

starmade-screenshot-0001.png

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Well, I got to the ship rod to be 15,000 long and add power plus a jump drive. Turn with this thing in nearly impossible and engines take forever to get up to speed. But 15,000 meters seems short for the size of this ship, i believe it is 15,000 km not meters.

View attachment 28455
    Go to the other end and see if it's rendering correctly.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Even a 4k version of this ship would be awesome.

Reaction score
    Okay, I can't do a full size at the moment, but to do a scaled down one I'll need all the measurements of the ship. Anyone got them numbers? Also did the ship have any weapon systems? I've tried to pilot the 15km only and turn takes forever and moving is slow as f___ but I will and enough jump modules to make a close to instant jump drive.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This will make keptick's charon look totally reasonable and PC-friendly.

Reaction score
    Construction on the ship has started, and so far I got the general layout of the front mid part. I'm getting Homeworld 2 HD so i can take pictures of the progenitor mother ship. Also sayerulz is correct it is very f___ laggy.
    My system details:
    Toshiba Satellite C55D-B
    Ram: 4Gb But Only 3.43Gb can be used
    Precesser:AMD E1-2100 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.00GHz

Last edited:
    Reaction score

View attachment 28455
    Is it true that you got a 15km ship to work in starmade?? I have a giant project in mind as well, and what you just said takes a load off my shoulders. I get that its laggy, but it still gives me hope for my giant project that I'm gonna start hopefully pretty soon.

Last edited:

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Is it true that you got a 15km ship to work in starmade?? I have a giant project in mind as well, and what you just said takes a load off my shoulders. I get that its laggy, but it still gives me hope for my giant project that I'm gonna start hopefully pretty soon.
    The move to Chunk32 from Chunk16 has doubled the limit, but it still exists, so you're going to run into issues if you build past 8km

I can't remember the exact number though.

15km is an insane number, many players don't like sectors bigger than 10km... Don't do it.

Reaction score
    The move to Chunk32 from Chunk16 has doubled the limit, but it still exists, so you're going to run into issues if you build past 8km

I can't remember the exact number though.

15km is an insane number, many players don't like sectors bigger than 10km... Don't do it.
    Thanks for the heads up. Everything I've seen leads me to believe that my build is possible. Its just the matter of building it now.

Reaction score

View attachment 28455
    the earth is just 12xxx km in diameter, so 15000km would be a fairly big shuttle i suppose :)