• 1 Empty Battle Bridge
    • 1 Captain Quarters
    • 1 Large Dining Room
    • 1 Small Bar
    • 2 Trolly Cars Run the Length of the Ship
    • 1 Elevator
    • 4 Empty Control Centers

=========== Update #5 2015-10-28 ================
    Tonight I thought I'd slim up the bottom - she's been a pretty wide ship from the beginning but the side add on guns just looked too bulky even if it's trying to be a primitive ship design.
    Also took a shot from top and bottom to take a better look at her.

=========== Update #4 2015-10-28 ================
    Still working on the side. Decided to try to match the look of the green shielded front of the ship with the back side.

The circle that was supposed to kind of be the outlet of heat for the big gun is not really making sense to me... I almost feel like a ball turret might work well there instead...

The backside of the backside...um..er.. whatever - will be a control center of some sort for the Big gun and turrets (a room full of targeting systems or something..)
    We'll see...

=========== Update #3 2015-10-26 ================
    I mostly finished reconnecting the dock aka automated doors.
    I started playing with turrets - first time adding weapons to the ship (After almost 3 years? Oh my!)
    Also started carving into the side of the ship and adding support beams... Not sure I like the look yet - so It will likely change - but it's less boring than it was.

=========== Update #2 2015-10-18 ================
    Not much has changed on the outside - I got super frustrated when an update broke every docked core and now all the complex doors and docks no longer work without redocking... (still broke actually)

So I've been working on halls and hanger observation. And flight crew quarters (not shown).

She's really fun to walk around now - Hanger 1 is still a mess but 2 & 3 are coming along...

=========== Update #1 2015-05-25 ================
    Got addicted to rails...

Added Automated Hanger Docking (10 Pads 2 hangers)

Added Automated Flat top docking (5 pads)

Created ship to test docking pads with

Homeland CVA-15

Hanger 2 Animation

=========== Original Post May 15, 2015 =========

I've been working on and off on this ship (my only ship) since I bought Starmade in March 2014.

It's been slow going - I change things rebuild inside and out.

It's very loosely based on the original TCS Tiger Claw from the first Wing Commander Game. It was the first game I played on my new computer (at the time) and it was so amazing at the time. (The movie sucked though...)

Anyway, it's meant to be a role playing ship. It's not state of the art and the design is meant to be less than modern compared to the beautiful ships I see you guys post.

With Rails introduced - I upgraded all of the Hanger Doors to move (and had to find interesting ways to make the doors fit)

The tram in the middle of the body runs from end to end making stops with bridges that extend and contract to allow hallways when the tram has left the station.

Tonight I finished a rough design of the battle bridge that moves down into protection.

No weapons - No fighters - but it's all coming along.

Anyway I figured I'd post something since rails made a huge difference in the fun of building the interior.

Attached is the external - but most of the latest changes are all internal... And that's slow changing again and I play with ideas etc

Note: The turret on the top of the bridge was not mine - I never played around with turrets and was borrowing one to see how they work...

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    You should include credit to the person who you got that turret from.

Awesome ship tho! It seems that some parts aren't quite finished, are you still working on this ship or is it complete?

Reaction score
    I'm not actually using the turret - I just noticed it was in the picture I posted - I don't recall what ship it is from.
    Thanks for checking it out. It's very much a work in progress - I can't believe it's already been a year.

I've mainly been working on the inside as of late - When I started building it - I started with the engines and kind of built from there and it turned out to be a lot bigger than I intended doh!

You can see the engines in the attachment.. where it all began...and they aren't even done.. I must be the slowest builder in SM history....

You should include credit to the person who you got that turret from.

Awesome ship tho! It seems that some parts aren't quite finished, are you still working on this ship or is it complete?

Attachments

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    Thanks for checking it out. It's very much a work in progress - I can't believe it's already been a year.

I've mainly been working on the inside as of late - When I started building it - I started with the engines and kind of built from there and it turned out to be a lot bigger than I intended doh!

You can see the engines in the attachment.. where it all began...and they aren't even done.. I must be the slowest builder in SM history....
    Nah man. Some people just build slow in starmade. A lot of the quality content typically comes that way. If you need any help with the internals (weapon systems, shields, power, etc) feel free to drop me a pm.

Reaction score
    Current Design Contains (As Of 2015-10-31)
    • 19 Total Hangers
      • 1 Large Hanger
      • 1 Large Hanger with 5 automated Parking
      • 1 Large Hanger with 5 automated Parking
      • 2 Smaller Drone Hangers
      • 5 automated Top Bomber Hangers
      • 6 Larger Fighter/Bomber Hangers
      • 1 Super Large Single Ship Hanger
      • 1 Small Transport Hanger
      • 1 Larger Fighter Launch Hanger
    • Chapel
    • Garden
    • 2 Large Pilot Crew Quarters (So Far) Includes Small Bar in each
    • 1 Empty Battle Bridge
    • 1 Captain Quarters
    • 1 Large Dining Room
    • 1 Small Bar
    • 2 Trolly Cars Run the Length of the Ship
    • 1 Elevator
    • 4 Empty Control Centers

=========== Update #6 2015-10-31 ================
    Apparently there is a Image limit to each post so I guess I'll being doing updates and new posts instead of adding to the main... No fun!
    Anyway, I've continued to tweak the back end making it more pleasing to my eyes and blending the BIG side guns with the Engines.
    Not sure if I'll keep tweaking this or work on something else and come back to it... We'll see.

OLD BACK END:

Reaction score
    =========== Update #7 2015-11-02 ================
    Continued to work on the back and side - coming along but I'll likely change the side more we'll see.

Reaction score
    =========== Update #8 2015-03-15 ================

I started to play with the Fleet Update - but quickly became frustrated with the docking deploying system for the Carrier...
    So I decided to start working on a Drydock instead...
    You can imagine how big it is if the ship is 700 in length... Doh!

Reaction score
    =========== Update #9 2016-06-21 ================

Oh dear... It's been awhile...
    So... I haven't really been working on the Homeland Carrier... I was too frustrated with the docking systems as implemented so I'm just sitting on it for now....

I did get a bug to build though - so I started working on what I think is a battleship although it looks like a submarine... The other one I think is a destroyer. Very much work in progress...

What's new about the two new ships is I'm started off using all the new blocks. The Homeland Carrier is almost four years old and really only has the old blocks - no slabs.

Anyway just thought I'd update this thread - show off the work in progress ships (like all of them...lol)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I jumped ship again...
    I don't seem to be able to finish ships - when it gets to logic I want to do - I get frustrated and start a new ship...
    Very much a work in progress - it's about 1000 blocks long - the domes are 100 wide

This one is also going to show my age... (If you know what ship this is based on - you must be old too or a scifi junky)

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I jumped ship again...
    I don't seem to be able to finish ships - when it gets to logic I want to do - I get frustrated and start a new ship...
    Very much a work in progress - it's about 1000 blocks long - the domes are 100 wide

This one is also going to show my age... (If you know what ship this is based on - you must be old too or a scifi junky)

Save the trees!