Holy Cheese-its, Batman! Deb wrote a suggestion!

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So basically, I've got this suggestion. Read it and bask in the glory of its simplicity and utter usefulness. or else.

Long story short, I was on a server and selecting stuff at some dude's HB because I uh... liked ...his things. You know, like how a gold digger likes you for your personality. I select something of his, and the turrets on my ship instantly murderize it. Faction auto-wardec's me and his homebase turrets turn me into a steaming pile of lead-filled cow shart.

This was not the intended result of me selecting something.

As it turns out, I had accidentally set my turrets to "Fire on Selected". Noting that selecting a ship you do not intend to shoot is quite common, I figured that that system could use an overhaul.

Okay time for the actual suggestion you ungrateful forum readers. I bet you're not even praising the sun right now. Jerks.

Essentially, if we could get a different keybind for selecting an entity for turrets to fire at, it'd make that option in the Bobby AI config a heck of a lot more useful. Really, it'd make turrets in general more useful because of the fact that you'd now be able to choose what they shoot at instead of them just randomly spewing boolets out at anything with a red marker.

Side bonus, it'll allow you to shoot at the actual target in a mess like above.

There, I wrote a suggestion, HAPPY NOW? Jerks.
    Now updoot this post. I command you to.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    100% agree.
    Turret target selection needs to be different key than navigation target selection.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I have many times destroyed things I did not want to, this would have prevented that. So yes.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Holy crap - great suggestion. I was *JUST* thinking about this last night. I like the "fire on selected", but yeah - it's useless because you need to select non-hostiles as you go about your day.

I think there needs to be a separate LOCK function as well as the existing SELECT/EXAMINE, with turrets only firing on targets you lock, not targets you simply select to examine. Allowing multiple select & lock targets would also be super sweet.