holographic ship stats and hologram

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    so i have been starmade for a week now and i`m still learning and vinding new things but i had this really interesting idee. you how in some space games/series there is this big holograpic map of the ship. that displays things like hull capacity schield capacity and ship hull breaches. as well as things like when a part of the ship is damaged or not working if cannons are online and a map of the ship from the out side. it would be awsome to have this in starmade nothing fancy just a small pixel for each block in difrent colors and a cople of arows pointing at holes and text hovering that explain the ships current statistics. i would also like a in game local voice chat and a way to have a friend list and make parties with them. as well as the ability to chance your caracters orientation in space. and a way to see if you are invisible/clocked

like this --->

and one like this--->

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    would deffinatally be interesting but i think even a block saying the ships stats like shield and stuff would be good but holograms would be GREAT.

Reaction score
    Yeah I support both showing stats and holograms, but for now it would be nice if there would a place that would show ships stats :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Unfortunately, this isn\'t really doable at this point, perhaps it is after serious optimization but for right now this will fry everyone\'s GPU. The reason many sci-fi games have these holograms of ships is because they were able to make a very low poly model to use for it. Since all ships in starmade are player-made this can\'t really be done efficiently on the fly.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This would be cool, i just wish that the VOIP and Friends list would be an option.
    Plus, i think that they should add different cannons to the game. Like a high power-consuming with low damage scattergun style cannon, and a low power-feeding healing laser, that functions slightly different from a tachnobeam.