Read by Schine Holographic Astronaut Projection

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    This is a concept where a person can create a Holographic station and "Call" other people with it. They would appear on each other's holographic display, looking like the holographic ships do when building on a shipyard.

This would have 3 parts: two platforms and one computer. One platform would be used to project yourself, the other would receive the projection of someone else. To project yourself to another platform, you'd need to basically call it. Every Holographic station would be given a unique number identifier on the server when it is created and could be changed. To "Call" another holographic station, you input it's number. When a "call" is coming in, the station lights up and someone with access to the station can access it and connect the call. Step onto the platform and you see each other.

Now, to make things more interesting, I suggest you have a "chat" window a person can use to send a message across this line. It would basically work like a private chat channel. But instead of just seeing words in the channel, words appear over their heads of the person on the holographic display platform. Anyone within line of sight would be able to read what the person is saying.

To go further, you could even have a "conference call," where you have multiple holoprojector platforms. Each person who joins the call can also see each other if they have enough platforms built. If they don't have enough platforms, they cannot join the call. Or if someone is already in the call, but more people are invited and they do not have the platforms to support it, they drop out of the call. Imagine having a meeting between heads of alliances.

Well, let me know what you guys think. I think it would be fun. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Even if they were just viewscreens (or holograms that people made look 2d) that'd be cool! Mr. Worf... Put the hail on the main viewer!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I would like this to have an option for using a voice chat instead of typing. Otherwise, I don't see it being any more useful than the current chat system other than looking cool.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I have a suggestion.

2 blocks. A large pad, and a computer. The computer can project a small version above it or in front, whatever, the large pad projects a full size version above it. Instead of calling people, simply have it setup so any two computers that can call each other are a click away. The projection is only active so long as you have turned the computer on, either by logic or by the computers UI.

Typing in numbers is annoying. People can create secure channels with public and faction settings similar to transporters.

Anyway, neat suggestions. Will archive this but keep in mind we have a chat system that essentially covers this and so this feature is low priority.