Holograms & Other Chat Channels?

Holograms and New Chat Channels!

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Hello and Welcome to another Starmade Suggestion.
    Today i will suggest some small features that will be needed for Roleplay and Factions.

• HOLOGRAMS:
    A nice addition to the game would be holo tables , holo communicators. So lets see what the Holo Table could display, it could display a star system map? A sector map? A ship's blueprint? Your ship's status(Shields,Engines,Weapons). Now what could the holo communicators do? Well they could be a device that you carry to communicate with your base or someone else in the vicinity(See second suggestion for more info) . The ships could use holo tables to transmit and talk to other ships in the vicinity too!

• NEW CHAT CHANNELS:
    A cool addition would be to add new channels for Roleplaying,Battles and Negotiations etc. . To use them you would need the holo tables and the holo communicators (See 1st suggestion). The Chat Channels could be a Say Chat, a Sector Chat, a Global Chat, a Star System chat and others. I believe that new chat channels will be needed because speaking on the global chat of a server is a bit lame and ruins conversations for other players.

And those are my 2 first suggestions ladies & gentlemans see you on the vaccum of space ;)!

PS:
    The Holo tables could be used to order AIs around the battlefield (Suggestion from darkstar64) !

PS 2: Chat can be like an MMO RPG (WoW) etc. (Suggestion by aussie1579)!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    I like it. I imagine the holo tables would be the most difficult thing to implement but it would be a nice feature that you could add to your bridge or conference room for meeting with faction members. The chat channels are a must really, we have faction chat, surely it's only a matter of time before these channels emerge.

Reactions: Equilibrium21
    Reaction score
    I find it incredibly annoying to leave any form of permanent identification for objects, i.e. a sign, It would be wonderful to have holographic signs so players could use them in a variety of settings such as

Navigation signs for ships/stations
    Chest/factory/etc contents
    Use holographic signs to clearly label a ship as yours
    Write down Hostile Sectors and post them in a central location

etc. etc. etc. I know that you can leave tablets behind for people to read but that is an item rather than a physical block with writing on it

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    aussie1579 Signs will be implemented for sure but they will be screens! But whats your opinion on the New Chat Channels suggestion?
    Thanks for the feedback!

Reaction score
    The list you have provided would be great if you could choose to disable and enable them at will, don't want too much spamming up the chat box. ontop of the suggestions you made custom group chat would be nice. i.e. setup a channel, invite people to it and away you go a permanent private group chat for people not in the same faction, sector, or star system

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    aussie1579 Yes! The chat could be like MMO games (WoW,Wildstar,Guild Wars) etc..
    And ofcourse you should be able to disable them and customize them!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I think this was suggested on the old forum... Well, i agreed back then, i still do. It would be amazing if you could customize what the hologram shows. Combine that with chat channels, and we have ourselves basic fleet logistics simple enough to use in battles. Would be nice if you could include AI control through it as well :D
    Still, i expect that to be quite hard to implement. But hey, even the simplest version of this would be a great addition to the game.

Reactions: Equilibrium21
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Firrion Thanks for the feedback! As i said to Jimbob7595 Everything in a virtual world is possible, but the New Chat Channels should be implemented.