HMS Titanic from Doctor Who (WIP)

Reaction score
    Please go to the latest update:

Update #1 (3/22/14)

That's right.

(For those who don't recognize it, it's from the 2007 x-mas episode)

It's a work in progress right now, the outer hull is all done with the exception of the curved bow, stern, and the deck above those places (and I've yet to finalize the smokestack, more on that a bit further down). The blue hull blocks not used for scaffolding are placeholders for the new wedges.

It's been coming along smoothly, but I'm nearing the point where I need to consider the inside of the ship, for which I have three options:

1. Fully fleshed out interior with rooms behind every window, a theater, pools, restraunts, lounges, sports areas, etc.
    2. Upper deck has rooms and recreational facilities, the lower section of the ship is devoted to a normal battle-oriented design
    3. Fully dedicated to destruction and general boombringing.

While I made the outside as accurate as I could, I'm going to be much more lenient on the interior, given that only a couple areas are shown. I've already taken the liberty of making the smokestacks turrets, which are capable of sustained 53k dps (each) on their own power, though I plan on increasing that once I add the main ship generators, so ship defense should option 1 be chosen shouldn't be a problem. I would greatly appreciate input as to what I should do, and any comments on what I have so far.

current stats:

length: 679m

height: 283m

width: 219m

Reaction score
    This is awesome. Can\'t wait to see more pics of the bow, stern and interior.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    You are awesome! Thank you for making this!

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I\'m making something very similar with my nephew who is eight and loves Titanic. I was also inspired by the Doctor, but we\'re are not trying to replicate it. It\'s more of a interpretation of the idea. I don\'t know how much interior we\'ll do because it can be very time consuming. Since he\'s eight, he gets bored with mundane building.

But I will tell you that yours looks great so far and there is demand for it. Keep it up!

Reaction score
    The hull is complete! (With the exception of the smokestack turrets, which will be finalized once the main power generators are online.) I built the bow and stern, and detailed them along with the rest of the ship (with the new wedges). I may add some things here and there just to make the deck a bit less barren, but I\'ve included all the details seen in the episode, so anything more would be my own modifications.

Work on the interior and ship systems will not commence until next month, because I will be vacationing.