Hinges, axles, pistons, etc.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    With the addition of moving parts to your ship, you can add to the types of ships that can be copied in full detail.

An X-wing fighter that opens it's wings,

landing gear that drops down,

turrets that extend out from hiding to take on your foes,

switching through what weapons are facing forward,

mechs that actually walk(if you can figure out the key points and commands to use at the right times),

extending wings when you moving into an atmosphere,

a ship grabbing claw,

turrets that can move around the ship to face the foe,

changing the shape of you ship when moving from mining, to battle modes.

The list goes on. We can make just about any ship we want as things stand. But we are limited to a static shape. The more options we have in this field, the more ships we will make, of more types. More options like this, can bring in more players that want to build all new ships that have never before been seen, and may change the face of the game forever.

Reaction score
    Hmm what do u think about special pistons making thing to do circles in air? It\'s going to look nice all the time cannons circlying on back of ship of kind of wings or something other. Idea is great Zutai GRab +1(i know there\'s no such systems but idea is realy realy great!!!!)

Reaction score
    Great idea! this would make some aspects of the game so much easier, (hangar doors, landing gear and so on) as well as adding a whole new array of tactics, (hidden guns/turrets, giant claws, a huge swinging hammer covered in dis-integrators!)

Reaction score
    landing gear we all know landing on planits is like saying lag me to deth but what if the landing gear when on jst holds you in the air flowting over what you normaly crash into and it usees your coils to do it when actavated another thing a way to open and shut plex doors from the ship core so if your flying around and your atacked you dont have to go shut them or risk being invaded thease alone will do the same thing and in my opinon needed to be aded enyways

Reaction score
    i was just about to suggest the same thing! it would make ship and station building SO much more interesting. altho to go further with the idea, unlike turrets and docks, they should be controlable from the main ship they are attached to.

you could have preset positions for each moving part. say like for a ship, when you activate pos1 everything connected to that computer would assume the preset pos1 you asigned for it. example would be a streamline cylinder ship in pos1 but pos2 opends all the hangers and raises all the turrets given you set up each piece like that.

also to go a bit further still, i want JOINTS like elbows and knees, i wana build a MASSIVE planet sized robots and transformers!!! XD

Reaction score
    This is a duplicate thread, check recent pages to see if your idea has already been posted: http://star-made.org/content/pistons-or-something-similar

Still, support is support, the more the merrier :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    if the thread was just about pistons, then it would be a duplicate. this is about moving parts in general. hinges, axles, pistons, etc. : is about more then just making things that move liniarly. though i would like some of you coments about pistons to mingle with those about the rest.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i belive that due to the type of building media we have to work with, hinges and joins would be the same thing. though joints are more known to be part of an ambliatory \"being\", where as hinges would aplly to that and all other forms of flexable items.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey,,GALXOR

I strongly concur that yes, support is actually a support then whether its of a bit or more..

More info

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I\'d be surprised if this sort of thing is not implemented sometime.

Reaction score
    Please use better grammer and spelling and use paragraph form it makes it easier to read. No offence but most people when they see this bad of writing they think it is some 8 year old kid mucking around the forums. If you are really that bad at spelling use a word document to auto correct it, though this won\'t help with the lack or periods...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    However, it would take a long time to do so, and I don\'t believe it to be a priority. Something to be implemented, but after things like NPC\'s, Critters, etc.