Hilariously wrong docking bounds

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Got me a turret docking unit on a ship I'm building. While adding blocks to the docked turret, I noticed that it was undocking before I built outside the bounds of the docking area. I decided to build out as far as I could...

The X axis is much shorter than the displayed bounds, but the Y and Z axes are longer.

The X axis only allows me to build out seven blocks before undocking, about half what I'd expect.

The Y axis extends six or seven blocks past the visible border before undocking.

The Z axis...

... uhm...

... I'm not sure.

Running on Ubuntu AMD64, Nvidia graphics, OpenJDK 7.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I think it only calculates the ships dimensions when you enter. I had a turret that wouldn\'t dock after I made the barrel longer, so I cut the barrel down to its original size and I still could not dock. After exiting and re-entering the turret I was able to dock again.

Also if you watch the starmade basics videos from the home page one of them is a turret tutorial and they noticed this bug too.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    @Sven - I\'ve tried several different combinations of docking/undocking, switching ships, and adding/removing blocks. If anything extends past these boundaries, it undocks me if I\'m already docked, then prevents me docking again. Even the absurdly long Z axis constraint follows the rules properly, aside from the incorrect measurement.

@X-113 - Thanks. Took me a minute to figure out the right shot for that last image. Glad it payed off. :)