Hide/Unhide Connections

Reaction score
    Do you don't like connections between the logics? That will be great when you can hide or unhide the connections between logics.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Or at least make it so they are there in build mode and invisible in astronaut mode.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I got lagged off my server earlier. My FPS went down so low I couldn't dock or fly away from a station. I think it was due to the large numbers of these annoying logic beams going all over the place. A graphics option to hide those things is 100% necessary. The lack of such a setting was literally game-breaking for me earlier today.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I actually use the logic bars as a build feature in my shipyards. It can be extremely difficult to find the anchor block in a large shipyard, so I use linked activators to point to their exact location. On the other hand, they do limit me in what kind of factory setups I can build without having bars crisscrossing the room.

So would need to be able to selectively choose which ones turn off and which ones don't.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Two things are needed:
    • Ability to set a particular beam visible/invisible
    • Ability to turn all beams off client-side to save an old GPU from brainfreeze

Reaction score
    I actually use the logic bars as a build feature in my shipyards. It can be extremely difficult to find the anchor block in a large shipyard, so I use linked activators to point to their exact location. On the other hand, they do limit me in what kind of factory setups I can build without having bars crisscrossing the room.

So would need to be able to selectively choose which ones turn off and which ones don't.
    While, I don't think they should be removed, it does get annoying in the factories. Maybe hide/unhide on factories. Giving this option to all logic, would nearly eliminate the need for wireless logic blocks. Then again, if you don't need them they can be removed, or replaced with ship to ship logic blocks.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    While, I don't think they should be removed, it does get annoying in the factories. Maybe hide/unhide on factories. Giving this option to all logic, would nearly eliminate the need for wireless logic blocks. Then again, if you don't need them they can be removed, or replaced with ship to ship logic blocks.
    Actually no, wireless logic is for going between entities. I don't use those just to not see the bars, I use them to do things like control my docked reactors or automated docking bays.

Reaction score
    Actually no, wireless logic is for going between entities. I don't use those just to not see the bars, I use them to do things like control my docked reactors or automated docking bays.
    Me too, but if I need something connected to something on the other side of my ship, I don't want a huge wire running through my interior. I use them for both. if they implement the option, I'd want them to be left visible in build mode, so I can still see if I need to rewire them.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Me too, but if I need something connected to something on the other side of my ship, I don't want a huge wire running through my interior. I use them for both. if they implement the option, I'd want them to be left visible in build mode, so I can still see if I need to rewire them.
    Just checking, you do know you can reroute the lines, right?