hey there i am starlin vander

Reaction score
    hi there. i am Starlin Vander long time fan of the game...

just got into talking to others as of late and wondering if i can get advice

this is just a turret bay i have designed my self for a mothership maybe bigger class of ship that i am building

Attachments

Reactions: aceface
    Reaction score
    Retractable turrets are pretty neat, let's see those with actual armament on them!

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    One thing to watch for is the turrets getting stuck.

We don't currently have a mechanic to automatically reset turret positions back to default, which means they could be poking out at weird angles when you try to raise/lower them. As even a turret that is inside the ship will still try to turn and follow an enemy target (this is actually useful for creating a combat detection system).

So basically, ball turrets work best for retractable unless you give the retraction area a large enough space that the barrel can't get caught.

Reaction score
    Retractable turrets are pretty neat, let's see those with actual armament on them!
    thank you for your input i do know i need a turret for this i am working on that but one thing at a time
    [doublepost=1507674775,1507674623][/doublepost]
    One thing to watch for is the turrets getting stuck.

We don't currently have a mechanic to automatically reset turret positions back to default, which means they could be poking out at weird angles when you try to raise/lower them. As even a turret that is inside the ship will still try to turn and follow an enemy target (this is actually useful for creating a combat detection system).

So basically, ball turrets work best for retractable unless you give the retraction area a large enough space that the barrel can't get caught.

yes i am well aware of the issue at hand as i ran into this problem months ago and still trying to find a way around it (no luck)

didn't think of using that for a ship detection system interesting i will look into this

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah we do. It's in the entity structure menu.
    I said automatically. Thats still a manual click.

I meant automatic as in "If the turret has nothing to target, it returns to default position on it's own".

Last edited: