Hey Schine! Thanks for...

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Here is a thread for the expression of sincere gratitude (no irony or sarcasm please) for requested improvements that have been implemented. I'll start.

Hey Schine/:schema:...thanks for:

-Adding categories to the pull-filter menu.

Reaction score
    Mine is minor...I think I was one of the first agitators for a trash can request, so we got a trash button on the next patch (I was thinking of a whole trash block, but a flush button on the storage unit is much better).

I was annoyed at having to make a special trip to space to dump the stuff and make sure I manuever carefully so I didnt pick it up again....grr!

Reaction score
    The game I've wanted since I was 12 years old!

That was around the time I got the Star Trek: Technical Manual for christmas and I would break out my legos and make star trek ships with full interiors and crew it with the tiny 1x1x1 lego bits color coded for crew.

I'm sure I was a pain in the you-know when I went to whoever would listen and explained where the warp core was, and this color and size of block represented the plasma conduits, and this was the shield generators, and this is where they stored the antimatter, and this is where the photon torpedo are, etc, etc.

I recently took my tote of legos back after my father moved and it still had one of those ships on top of the pile. I also came across that Star Trek Manual in a separate tote as the wife and I were sorting through the garage and the poor thing had been read and reread so many times it's barely intact.

So yeah, being able to design and build a ship out of virtual legos and being able to actually walk through and pilot it is something I've wanted for over 20 years. Thank you Schine :D

BJammin

Part-Time Eldritch Abomination
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Making the game free-to-play while it's in Alpha.

Or in other words, making it free-to-play for time and all eternity... xD

(Though joking aside, knowing that the dev team is dedicated enough to put such long-term plans into effect and actually commit to them also deserves some serious thanks.)

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Dear Schine,

Thank you for creating an environment where I can turn...

things like this...

and these...

Into this...

For years, I've dreamed of bringing my best creations into a world where I can actually fly around and interact with them. Thanks for bringing back an aspect of my inner being that I thought was lost for good.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    So, what's in the first spoiler? What program/game/drawing/whatever is that?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Thank you for 3d model exporting, 3d model support as placables, and all-round, a beautiful game.

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    So, what's in the first spoiler? What program/game/drawing/whatever is that?
    That, my friend, is good old fashioned Windows Paint. I've been doing cross section drawings like this one since Windows 3.1 first came out and 256 color bitmaps were a thing.

Every pixel on the screen translates to 2ft x 2ft; with most characters being 3 pixels tall (4 with power armor).

The United Star Axis is a lot older than it looks. ;)

Reaction score
    Cool. At first, I thought it was an old two-dimensional game like one I used to play, called Incredibots (Old, but fun)

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Logic.
    Rails are laggy, combat imbalanced, UI and building tools not customizable …

But SM's Logic is very useful for learning how to build CPUs, punchcard-readers, circuitry like lifts, ram-memory and even Quantum-ROMs.

And if we could write own build helpers for logic and if it were smaller (1990 we had smaller logic elements) it were even better!
    Now, just stick to 2x2x2 logic elements and 4x4x8 logic-chips and forget about real size when involving characters.

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    Thanks for bringing back my faith in game development.

Being able to interact with you guys, seeing how all of you want to improve the game in a world torn apart by EA, Ubisoft and DLC gives me hope in the industry.

I can just imagine how bad the financial struggle is for you but this will be worth it.

One day starmade will see the light on the end of the tunnel and all the gamers around the world will join each other to see it in all it´s glory.

One of the best games in the history of mankind.

Mankind -- that word should have new meaning for all of us then. We won´t be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interest. Perhaps its fate that today the game is still in development, and you will once again be fighting for our game, not from EA, Ubisoft, or DLC -- but from annihilation.

We're fighting for the games right to live, to exist.

And should we win the fight, the day of release will no longer be known as an Starmades birthday, but as the day when the worlds gamers and developers declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"

Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!

Last edited:
    Reactions: Dr. Whammy

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Thanks for bringing back my faith in game development.

Being able to interact with you guys, seeing how all of you want to improve the game in a world torn apart by EA, Ubisoft and DLC gives me hope in the industry.

I can just imagine how bad the financial struggle is for you but this will be worth it.

One day starmade will see the light on the end of the tunnel and all the gamers around the world will join each other to see it in all it´s glory.

One of the best games in the history of mankind.

Mankind -- that word should have new meaning for all of us then. We won´t be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interest. Perhaps its fate that today the game is still in development, and you will once again be fighting for our game, not from EA, Ubisoft, or DLC -- but from annihilation.

We're fighting for the games right to live, to exist.

And should we win the fight, the day of release will no longer be known as an Starmades birthday, but as the day when the worlds gamers and developers declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"

Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!
    I have GOT to get me one of these!!!