Hey schema!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've been thinking about a few new items. One of them are a light speed block. You would put it down like a normal block and you would activate it from your ship's module. It would have a black base texture with warning signs and arrows pointing to the front, and the activation would be from a binded key, you know the rest. The second is a teleporter. You would have a unique serial number with the teleporter that you would enter into other teleporters. The teleporter GUI would have 4 things, a serial code, a box to enter other codes, an activate button which would change to deactivate when selected, and a set ownership/changes for other people. The teleporters could only be used by people that are allowed. The last one...well I don't know if you should/will add this. I do like the current guns but Jamie like big boom (Get that reference?), so maybe add in a nuke that only, and ONLY admins could spawn in. the nuke could be in both bomb and missle form. It would have a 10 second delay between each shot, and you can make the nuke launchers in groups so the explosion would be maxed. It would have 0.5 megatons in each gun and if you add 100, it would be maxed, which is 50 megatons which is also the Tsar Bomb. Maybe instead of making them and explosion like a big fireball, add in some blue after effect to make it like an Ion Bomb. Well thanks for reading this and I will see you later, peace!

-Aaron

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I also forgot for the teleporter, you would stand off it and press R to get the GUI and step on it and press R to teleport. It wouldn\'t teleport blocks and it can\'t be used in groups. Also, you can teleport dropped items. Also, make something like a dropper from Minecraft. It would suck dropped items up from a five block radius and would put it into a crate below. Also make a chest, please. No more storing stuff in my inventory. Anyways, that is it, so thank you for being patient and now peace!

Reaction score
    I dunno about a teleporter. That kinda seems to defeat the purpose of building+cruising in your spaceship. I would like to see some sort in-ship elevator/tram system, to make travel on 200km+ ships easier, though.

Reaction score
    so i have had a few ideas of my own, tracto beams, warp blocks(you would need alot of power for those), also what about an ion cannon? it would sorta be like your pulsar but fire like the molevolence from clonewars (hate that series btw) and puting a limit on how much money a shop can carry was vexing but i can live with it, other than that its a great game, love the concept, and i am looking forward to the point where this game is nolonger a beta!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    thats not easy infact most games still have trouble (by that i mean big companies) and can you dial it down a little but your ideas sound cool and would really like to see that implimented into the game. But Schema proberbly enjoys to hear his fans are putting an effort to try and help new ideas. But i love the new idems suggested but wont the teleporter be OP

Reaction score
    There are pros and cons to a teleporter. Pros are- teleportation. It\'s pretty sweet to be able to beam places. However, the Cons outweigh the pros.

Think about it. By having the ability to teleport places you take away from a HUGE part of the game. Space travel, landing, docking, and moving around this huge universe are all huge themes of StarMade. By having the ability to teleport from A to B to C you reduce the amount of actual traveling that is done.

If they did add any sort of teleporting, they should have short range teleporting like StarTrek. Maybe short enough to port from vessel to vessel or vessel to planet surface.

Warp Drive or any sort of lightspeed is going to be implemented in the future if I remember correctly. I do look forward to this, but I think there should be a limit. Perhaps make it so you can only warp to sectors by a factor of 10. For example, you can only warp to 10, 10, 10 or 20, 10, 10 or 10, 20, 20 or whatever. That way there is still traveling taking place. Not sure though, but I don\'t want this decision to eliminate space travel outside of exploration.

Reaction score
    - And in addition to the range limitation on teleporters the shields of the target entity have to be down, maybe adding the ability in the future to turn your shields off or simply make this rule not apply to two entities in the same faction.

- On the warp Drive idea I think it should work like the mass relays from mass effect, if you had 20 ships trying to warp from, say sector 0 0 0 to maybe 2 2 2 all at the same time they should be further apart from each other than when they started but sending these ships in groups of maybe 4 or 5 would diminish this effect, therefore you would have to plan how you warp in to that sector if there were hostile ships there.

- I do not work with java so I have no idea how hard these ideas would be to implement for schema.