Here are some additional hull shapes I'd like to see.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    HAVE. MY. CHILDREN.

as some people have brought up, collisions would be more complicated. i don\'t think full blocks is the way to do it though, the blocks that are are similar to wedges, give them the same collisions as wedges. we already have them, yno? etc.

we don\'t \'need\' curved blocks, however. a nice addition maybe, but in Java, i would say that\'s not a good idea.

Reaction score
    Still Tekkit added tons of new blocks. I figure when Starmade adds in something for bigger inventories and maybe some better inventory management this won\'t be such a big deal.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    gotta be careful with curved blocks as they add waaaaay more polys than a normal hull block (which adds 8 at most)

Reaction score
    Actually, a standard cube uses 12 polygons if all faces are exposed; it takes two polygons to make a square in most modern graphics APIs.

More on topic, though, the biggest issue I see here is that you would need many, many more inventory slots for the different block types.

Either the game needs to stop using the \"minecraft spreadsheet\" inventory and go to one where capacity is based on block count instead of block type, or we need a way to just use standard hull for every shape, and have shape be a tool in advanced building mode rather than a separate block.