Herbal Meds

Reaction score
    ~ Out-of-ship exploration is a whole other chapter: stations, ships, planets, dungeons, caves and fauna add countless possibilities for adding unique content. Upgrades to astronaut equipment could be found and crafted with these resources, encouraging you to leave your ship’s safety and gather those few materials you need by hand.
    I don't know if this has been suggested before, but didn't find anything after a quick search, so I'd just like to put in the suggestions forum one concrete idea for implementing this part of the End Goals document.

Allow the crafting of a personal inventory item "Med Pack" using a certain quantity of a rare piece of flora. This Med Pack would be different from the medical cabinets in that it would instantly heal full health, but would be limited use (e.g. three uses and it is expended). This would make a useful combat item that cannot be bought in shops or made in factories. Only crafted or purchased directly from other players who have crafted it.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yea brah, I like, use tons of herbs. They're like... really medicinal and stuff. Crazy right brah?

Reaction score
    Well if they adopt this, then depending on how much of a sense of humour Schine has, they can set the flora's foliage accordingly. ;)

Reactions: kiddan
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Might as well add some items that mess with your vision if you know what im getting at.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Since there are already two types of med blocks (effectively, two paintjobs on the same block), and since this game is not focused on the astronaut, but on ships, I don't think this will be implemented in the vanilla game. I can see this being a fun mod, though.

Reaction score
    So one might have thought, but see what Schema wrote in the End Goals: Explorer topic. ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    In all seriousness though it would be great if there was an incentive to explore and colonize planets. Give them some more purpose other than big laggy asteroids