Help with space station?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    My ship is a bit nooby. It has 30 shields, around 15 thrusters, five groups of AM cannons doing about 300 damage per shot combined approximately, and a fairly hard-to-hit core.

I need advice on taking a pirate station near my shopbase down. I have 3 million credits. When I attacked the station, those turrets ripped my shields apart in 5 seconds, despite my 30 shields. Luckily I had the ship saved in the catalog, so I "revived" it. Some advice? I'm a sorta-beginner so if I'm doing soejthing wrong let me know. Like maybe tell me where the faction module is or other helpful tips.

Reaction score
    More shields, more amc\'s and more missiles. thats it really.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    what kind of missiles? There\'s 3 kinds.

And another issue is I don\'t know where the faction module is. Also, a turret is impractical for a small ship like mine.

Reaction score
    I reccomend that you use dumbfire, the fac module is near the center, its where the stations IFF tag is set.

Reaction score
    Use tons of em, and an IFF tag is their Diamond and name thing, its a bit of a military terminology i think.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    First of all you need way more shields. Next i only use amc\'s but they shoot at least 900 km. approach slowly and try to line up on the side of station not head on. Then when your recitle is green, targeting one turret shoot until it say core overheating then move to next one. After you have that side killed off then move in closer and take the rest out one at a time staying out of line of fire of remaining turrets. After ALL turrets are killed look for brown triangle that is the station\'s ID line up and only shoot till its dead. Then go out of your ship and rob the plex storage boxes that will be in center of the crossing tunnels. Have fun!!