Help with skin [fixed]

Reaction score
    I'm working on a personal skin of one of my characters and I'm following the instructions, from my viewpoint, perfectly, but when I compile it and set it, the game crashes on me. I'm really confused since a custom skin i downloaded is working just fine.
    error.png
    ^This is the error message I get.
    izumi EM.png izumi.png izumihelm EM.png izumihelm.png
    Here are the four png files of what i've made of it so far and below these text lines is the pic of her. [I only have a pic from a crappy online dollmaker. OTL]

izumi.png

Reaction score
    what is the exact filename of the primary skin? if it has a hyphen (-) in it maybe starmade doesn't like that? if the full filename is "izumi-png.4584.png" as it is showing when i downloaded to take a look, it probably doesn't recognize the file type because of the two periods. try renaming the file?

Reaction score
    I have yet to work on the helmet...
    Should have just not uploaded their files....
    OTL.
    I'm intending for the helmet to be her ribbon in the picture I'm basing this off of.....[DOUBLEPOST=1411340440,1411340318][/DOUBLEPOST]
    what is the exact filename of the primary skin? if it has a hyphen (-) in it maybe starmade doesn't like that? if the full filename is "izumi-png.4584.png" as it is showing when i downloaded to take a look, it probably doesn't recognize the file type because of the two periods. try renaming the file?
    Well, the files, respectively are Izumi_EM, Izumi, Izumihelm and Izumihelm_EM.

Reaction score
    i tried genning a skin using your files after renaming them. i didn't get the error you did, but i did get the "i am star-made and i hate intel graphics cards" error. hmmm...

Reaction score
    hmmm....
    Might have something to do with the files and things... gonna try and download another instance and compile it with that...[DOUBLEPOST=1411341777,1411341257][/DOUBLEPOST]Not working.[DOUBLEPOST=1411341949][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay, it must have something to do with the images...
    I compiled another skin from another set of PNGs from another thread and it's working with that....

Reactions: AnnaShade017
    Reaction score
    i've continued to fiddle with this, (i'm using GIMP) the only difference between your file and the defaults that i can discern is that the color on yours is "indexed" and the color on the others is "RGB". i don't pretend to know exactly what that means or if it has to do with the problem. :(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    What depth are they?
    As in 24bit or 32bit depth.

Default is 32 I think. all images have to be the same bit depth.

Reaction score
    What depth are they?

It says 8 bit depth for one...

[DOUBLEPOST=1411349399,1411349301][/DOUBLEPOST]
    i've continued to fiddle with this, (i'm using GIMP) the only difference between your file and the defaults that i can discern is that the color on yours is "indexed" and the color on the others is "RGB". i don't pretend to know exactly what that means or if it has to do with the problem. :(
    I'm using paint.net.[DOUBLEPOST=1411349490][/DOUBLEPOST]
    What depth are they?

Dude... the main files are 8 bit depth and the emissions are 24.
    How do I fix that?[DOUBLEPOST=1411349536][/DOUBLEPOST]nevermind i got it.[DOUBLEPOST=1411349755][/DOUBLEPOST]
    What depth are they?

That was the problem.
    Got it working now. :3
    Thanks bud.