Help With Exterior Decorating

Reaction score
    I just need some ideas to help me decorate the outside of my ships as usually they look a bit lame.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Glowy bits.

Ridges.

And of course, greebling. Don't be one of those fools that overly greebles and gets an ugly ship that they think has a wonderful exterior, though.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Glowy bits.

Ridges.

And of course, greebling. Don't be one of those fools that overly greebles and gets an ugly ship that they think has a wonderful exterior, though.
    This pretty much sums it up. I suggest using a combo of plain plating with greebling in between.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Just as a general question, has anyone had success with putting different grey (or other color) blocks on their exterior to simulate different metal plates? If so, what different blocks did you use, and do you have any screenshots? I'd like to see that and haven't tried it yet.

Reaction score
    Just as a general question, has anyone had success with putting different grey (or other color) blocks on their exterior to simulate different metal plates? If so, what different blocks did you use, and do you have any screenshots? I'd like to see that and haven't tried it yet.

Might you be referring to something like this? It is from a really old half-concept from a long time ago, but it has black and brown on top of each other to simulate multiple plates and to provide a color difference when etching detail into the hull...

Reactions: jayman38