help with activators and making one way trigger

Reaction score
    so I have an odd little idea I am trying to get to work, but could only get about half way.

I have 2 'fins' docked to my ship. I hit an activator switch hooked up to logic. this makes the fins move to their expanded position. one fine hits a rail activation system. this turns on a force field. this makes it look like once the fins move into position a sail lights up, stretching between the fins.

the issue is that the force field needs to turn off before the fins can return to their 'closed' position.

I thought I could turn them off by hand, if I had to. I went to set it up, only to learn that the same force field wall can not be triggered by two different things. my force field wall was originally only hooked up to the rail activator system. so I linked all those forcefields to a second activator, so I could turn them off by hand. only to realize that it auto disconnects all those forcefield blocks from the original activator. same thing with a button.

so if the forcefield is turned off, there is no problem. my single switch can toggle. fins go up, fins go down, fins go up again. no issue.

so what I need is:
    activation touch one (will eventually be an inner ship remote) -> fins go up, no force field interaction (because if the force field turns on the moment the fin starts to move the blocks of the forcefield would turn on too soon) please note that as the fins settle into place the rail triggers the force field blocks on the main ship to turn on

activation/remote touch 2 -> force field blocks on the ship turn off. then the 'fins' move to their closed position

so the idea is that either clicking the same block will only turn the force field OFF, not on. or some way to make a seperate system to turn force field blcoks off, even though another logic system as turned them on

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    use:
    multiple inputs → relay → forcefields

relay can be:
    activator : last received input is relayed
    and, or+not : manual input toggles whether they can activate at all.
    or, and+not : manual input toggles whether they can shut-down.
    flip-flop : may cause weird behaviour if you don't set it up right.​

Last edited: