Help the newbie please! Why am I dying?

Reaction score
    Hello all,

I'm having lots of fun playing this game, however I keep dying and I haven't a clue why.

I'll be mining in my small and very ugly ship without a care in the world one second and the next - poof! Riff has died...

I have absolutely no idea what happened. I know I didn't crash my ship. Is there a cargo hold limit beyond which you just explode, or is some passing pirate instagibbing me? There's no warning/damage/explosion sound, just Riff has died...

I'd appreciate any answers or suggestions, I'm a bit reluctant to put more time into this game if I'm just going to randomly explode all the time!

Thanks in advance,

Riff

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    After you die, you can press F1 to see the old messages and find out what it was that killed you.

The most common one I've seen lately is the turrets on the alpha pirate station. They have a big range, and a nasty bite.

Reaction score
    Thanks K1own, I'll use that - hopefully it'll save me some head scratching next time it happens!

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    After you die, you can press F1 to see the old messages and find out what it was that killed you.

The most common one I've seen lately is the turrets on the alpha pirate station. They have a big range, and a nasty bite.
    Not to mention the fact that the missiles fired from alpha are invisible unless you are in the same sector as it. Which if you are a new player you are probably not running straight for a pirate station.

We also really need a new feature to be added. When a missile is fired at you there needs to be a visual and audio cue. Missiles I never knew were there is my leading cause of death for sure.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Fitting a radarjammer and turning it on fixes those nasty unseen lock on missiles.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    A radarjammer is indeed the best cure for this and as soon as your power plant generates more then approx. 5350 power you can keep it running all the time. I never leave home without it. ;)

Greets,

Jan