HELP starmade crashes at 100%

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    starmade problem.PNG Starmade is crashing at 100% for me
    JAVA: SE development kit 8 update 31 (64bit), java 8 update 31 (64bit), java 8 update 31, java7 update 75 (64bit)
    logs

i fixed the 100% crash [2015-03-02 16:14:21] [GRAPHICS] TRY USING VBO MAPPED BUFFER: true
    I c starmade problem.PNG hanged that to on but now i have a tutorial expectation

Problem still exsits

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    So you use an intel card? do you have N/A card in your computer?
    If yes, download some software to manual control java to use only N/A card, not I card
    If no, update the intel card driver

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I had a similar problem (Crashing @ 100% loaded) with this machine and its Intel 4600HD.

The driver your computer's manufacturer (or OEM) put in is most likely out of date, and the exe installer for the updated driver will probably not want to work because the OEMs tend to tweak the things, so the generic Intel driver will refuse to update over the OEM-modified version out of concern for the safety of your system's functionality.

First, you'll want to:

1. Make a system restore point; it's always a good idea to do this before messing with drivers.
    2. Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ and find the Graphics Driver that matches the system you have.
    3. Go to your OEM's website and see if they have the driver for your system.
    4. Compare versions and updated dates.

If the OEM's version is actually up to date with the Intel one:

5a. Download and install the OEM driver.

Otherwise:

5b. Download the zip version of the updated driver at Intel's Download Center
    6. Unzip the thing to a location you can easily locate.
    7. Control Panel -> Hardware -> Device Manager
    8. Under Display Adapters, right click the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 and choose Update.
    9. "Browse my computer for software" then "Let me pick"
    10. Select the Intel 4000 then click "Have Disk"
    11. Navigate to the folder where you unzipped the Intel driver, then enter the Graphics folder.
    12. Select the igdlh64.inf file there and open.
    13. Continue from there and your computer should update the driver to the new version, uncaring about the generic vs. OEM issue.

It's what I had to do, and it worked.

Regarding the Tutorial issue, try turning off the Tutorial and see if it'll let you in the game at all.

Reaction score
    thanks Tydeth, after starhalden said it is intel 4000, I have no idea how to help......
    intell 4000 is a real natural enemy for starmade

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Outdated Intel drivers don't like OpenGL in general, so every computer that comes out of the box with an Intel Chip older than a couple years won't like StarMade (or any game that doesn't use DirectX) until they're updated.

There is the issue that some machines may not take kindly to having their OEM-modified drivers replaced with the generic Intel one, requiring that the process be undone to return to normal operation; hence step 1.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The starmade log says to make VBO mapping buffer: true
    What is VBO mapping buffer and how do i turn it on?