HELP! My pirates are being derpy..

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm beginning to get very bored when playing Starmade.. the pirates don't attack me.. closest thing to that is they ram into me like the derpy pirates they're trying to be, the only time i get shot at is by pirate turrets and they're too easy to beat and are uncommon.. i just want to know how to make pirates actually fight me otherwise there really is no point..

They are marked as hostile in the factions but sometimes they're marked as neutral on the HUD

Please help, i want to actually fight these pirates, not just destroy them while they're derping around the sectors..

Reaction score
    Normaly there should be an attacking wave sometimes...

If this is to easy for you then build some epic ship, go to the catalog in the \"admin\" section (if it is singleplayer or your server), click on your ship -> permissions -> allow enemy usage.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I mean they don\'t attack at all! none.. they\'re just passive stray ships what bump into you when you approach them.. and it\'s boring due to that.. none attack.. none fire at me.. nothing! the only need for my shields is when i encounter a pirate SS with the turrets.. THEY fire at me but are too easy to beat.. i have all these credits to use that i got from 1 pirate (i got 1412 MILLION! from only 1 pirate!) and no reason to use them.. nothing to do but tear holes straight through planets with my epic cannon and blow up stray pirates because they dont attack and just be derpy..

I dont want to reset my universe because ive made a base and stuff.. is there any way at all i can fix this?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The AI is terrible.

I don\'t see what you could do to fix it without knowing AI coding and joining the dev team.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    ^^ gee bonerdragon.. really helpful.. thanks.. *clap* *clap* ... ... ... (< sarcasm )

Back on subject, it\'s only mine that does this.. it worked and since i updated it stoped D: they no longer fire.. at all! this isn\'t a complaint topic, i\'m asking for help and solutions to this problem..

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    the pirates don\'t attack me.. closest thing to that is they ram into me like the derpy pirates they\'re trying to be

Sounds like you have alot of armsless blueprints that you made in the catalog; The pirates are probably using those. Go into the catalog\'s ADMIN tab and set the permissions on the blueprints to off for enemies for the designs that you have which you know are unarmed.

the only time i get shot at is by pirate turrets and they\'re too easy to beat and are uncommon

Hmmm, now it\'s sounding like you have deleted the default blueprint of the Isanth-IV or you have its enemy-usable status disabled. The Isanth-IV blueprint is usually always in the game to fight. It\'s got antimatter cannons. Or, you simply haven\'t explored around enough yet to find pirate ships.

They are marked as hostile in the factions but sometimes they\'re marked as neutral on the HUD

I mean they don\'t attack at all! none.. they\'re just passive stray ships what bump into you when you approach them.. and it\'s boring due to that.. none attack.. none fire at me.. nothing!

You are either encountering Trading Guild ships (sometimes their faction tags can be unmarked), your own ships, or ships with cores overheating.

i just want to know how to make pirates actually fight me otherwise there really is no point..

Please help, i want to actually fight these pirates, not just destroy them while they\'re derping around the sectors..

Let me try to explain this in some steps.

First, you want to make sure that the default Isanth-IV blueprint is working. If you\'ve messing around in the game files, you may have accidentally deleted the blueprint of the ship or disabled it.

1. Go to the catalog menu and go to the ADMIN tab
    2. Go to the blueprints and check for the default blueprint of Isanth-IV.
    3. If the bluprint is there, put the permissions to enemy-useable on. Like this: [X].

If the blueprint is not there, no need to panic. Just make your own armed ship and add it to the catalog. We just need to have a combat-capable ship in the catalog set to enemy-usable at this point; Make sure it\'s the only enemy-useable ship for now.

Once you have an enemy-useable ship, try the following command: \"/initiate_wave 1 1\". It should spawn some combat-capable ships for you to fight.

If this is unable to solve your problem, i\'m unable to help you past this point as I have no idea what the problem could be, but I don\'t think its a bug. Good luck :\\

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If they weren\'t marked they wouldn\'t spawn at all.. thanks for your help though, much appreciated :D

they are marked and can spawn but are not hostile.. if they are hostile then they just dont know how to shoot.. I will try to make a few small fighters and allow enemies to spawn with that and see if this resolves the issue.. the only other reason that they cant fire is if the weapons computer isn\'t working in these blueprints or the antimatter cannons aren\'t connected to the computer for some odd reason..

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    If they weren\'t marked they wouldn\'t spawn at all..

I meant that the faction tags, instead of reading \'Pirates\' or \'Trading Guild\', they would read \'Faction-001\' or something similar.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Could it be perhaps that the pirate faction doesn\'t mark me as an enemy? how can i edit the pirate\'s faction so i can make sure i\'m set as an enemy? or at least mark \"consider neutral as enemy\" for the pirates..

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    ITS A BUG!

Ok, first i reset the universe and everything was fine and it worked, pirates shot at me and everything.. and then i found out what the trigger for this bug was.. i was fighting some pirates and i accidentally pressed R because it\'s so close to the E which made me exit the ship.. ALL pirates (the faction) then became passive/neutral for some odd reason and when i entered the ship again they stayed passive.. there currently is no way to reverse this error, the only way to fix it is to reset the universe.. but hopefully this bug is fixed soon..

I\'m going to report this bug right now.. the sooner it\'s notified the sooner it\'s fixed..