Help! Multiplayer newbs

Reaction score
    Hey guys.

We are a few friends who just started playing starmade and we have some problems.

First off we would like to all basicly fly around in the same ship and use it as some kind of command center. Problem is that when we are flying and someone wants to change from for example a cannon console to something else he gets bootet from the ship instead of landing inside the cockpit, how do we change that? :)

Thx in advance

Reaction score
    I used to have that problem when flying solo in small ships, even when exiting the core when the ship is stationary. It happens when the cockpit room/exit area is too cramped, it seems. If i leave a 3x3x3 or 4x4x4 area of empty space behind/around the core (or computer you've entered) seemed to fix the problem.
    However, the problem seemed worse if the ship is in motion, getting more worse the higher the speed. Not sure how to fix that exactly. Maybe try re-aligning to the ship as soon as you exit the computer/core?

Reaction score
    There are some issues with players being 'moved to' the point of view that they are using, so for example if they are in a turret and the ship is moving, they will get ejected into space if they exit it.

Reaction score
    I'l try to make the cockpit bigger then. This is pretty much a make it or break it thing for us :(

Edit: And thanks for the replies :)B

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If possible, try to sit your astronaut down before entering a computer. I have read elsewhere on the forum that sitting does a better job of cementing you to the structure, so you'll be less likely to eject when exiting a block.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    OR, you can sit on the wedge before entering the core (press 'O' while pointing at the wedge). Also, GRAVITY, don't forget about implementing that on your ship!
    (You can buy these blocks from spawn)

Reaction score
    The strange thing is i allready have Gravity on my Ship. When i turn it off and then enter and leave a console it makes me fall below the ship liek there is suddenly gravity in space until i get out of range of it

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The strange thing is i allready have Gravity on my Ship. When i turn it off and then enter and leave a console it makes me fall below the ship liek there is suddenly gravity in space until i get out of range of it
    Sitting prior to using the console should fix you.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah, as a rule of thumb, if you have a small cockpit then always sit down before getting into a computer or even your core. If you do, you will always return to where you're sitting, and will never get booted out of the ship. (Sitting while people are flying is usually a good idea as well, but then strange bugs might happen with jump drive and you might get screwed over that way)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Yeah, as a rule of thumb, if you have a small cockpit then always sit down before getting into a computer or even your core. If you do, you will always return to where you're sitting, and will never get booted out of the ship. (Sitting while people are flying is usually a good idea as well, but then strange bugs might happen with jump drive and you might get screwed over that way)
    Also, weird bugs happen when you sit down, enter the core, and then change to other docked ship while sitting in the ship you've entered previously.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Make sure to sit down first, and to have plenty of extra space in your cockpit.

Also, if you're going to play with multiple people in one ship, I would recommend getting a few turrets with a small cockpit and seat, and build interior on the main ship to access them. Then, your friends can pilot turrets while you fly the main ship. You could also build a fighter hangar and have friends use those.