Help me!

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Please help me! i don't know what to do with this problem!

all i have been doing is building useless but cool logic games, and other stuff mostly useless.
    it's a lost of my ability (not bragging). i need something usefull to do please!
    all i have been doing is making cool looking things, they all work fine, but in the end they are for the looks.
    Anyone! please tell you have a problem or an idea that i can work on! making pretty things is fun, but everything gets boring if you do it a lot.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    There really is an issue of what all is important. Most weapons are better controlled by pilots in a ship or AI than logic. A lot of rail logic is difficult to justify outside of academics because simpler systems could do the job. Something I've been looking into a bit, but am having difficulty with is making a docking system to place ships in appropriate positions to optimize space while minimizing overlapping box dims.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Make a missiles spammer that shoots 100 missiles per second.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Automated Mining Drones are cool.
    You need storage fill in sensors and pushpulses.
    if you figured out how to build the logics, you could send that ship to an asteroid or planet press start button and it will start to mine resources until there are no blocks left.
    This thingy is quite useful and its medium difficult to build.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    What I normally do when I am deciding on what to make next: I think about what is fun/challenging to build that may be completely impractical, then I consider what I would actually need or find useful in survival. I also consider integrating my ideas into a ship. Great examples of a challenging, yet impractical builds are my robotic hands. No way you would need that, but a sample storage system for cataloguing planets may actually be useful.

Along the lines of giving you an idea for something useful: Is it possible you could create a scanner, like a radar using rails and triggers, that can output a depth value with decent resolution? Might be useful for robotics, blind flying experiments, and intelligent mining drones if you can pull it off.

EDIT: Reworded for clarity.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    What I normally do when I am deciding on what to make next: I think about what is fun/challenging to build that may be completely impractical, then I consider what I would actually need or find useful in survival. I also consider integrating my ideas into a ship. Great examples of a challenging, yet impractical builds are my robotic hands. No way you would need that, but a sample storage system for cataloguing planets may actually be useful.

Along the lines of giving you an idea for something useful: Is it possible you could create a scanner, like a radar using rails and triggers, that can output a depth value with decent resolution? Might be useful for robotics, blind flying experiments, and intelligent mining drones if you can pull it off.

EDIT: Reworded for clarity.
    i have thought about a system like that before, using detection and plex doors to map the area around you, combining it into a miner though is something i didn't think of. sadly enough 2 things will mostlikly make this impossible. the first thing is that the detection thingys are not reliable and need a really strong signal to exualy notice something (from my experience using it). the second thing is that for the movement of this miner i would need take off burst, something not that hard to use, but this will only take care of 1 dymension, the Z dimension. if i try to rotate the burst it won't work like with weapons. i also tried docking a ship aiming upwards to take care of the Y dimension, this also failed because only the "host entity" is able to make movements. now i dont really need the X dimension on a planet, if the miner would go always forward, it should change lanes at the change of segments.

this is already in existence and downloadable. someone did a great job on it, though i'm not sure if it was 100 per second, it's crazy fast.

Automated Mining Drones are cool.
    You need storage fill in sensors and pushpulses.
    if you figured out how to build the logics, you could send that ship to an asteroid or planet press start button and it will start to mine resources until there are no blocks left.
    This thingy is quite useful and its medium difficult to build.
    as you read from what i said to trekkerjoe, you could see i've been experementing on a automated mining drone. resulting in an failure, i've even suggested the option of side ways and up and down bursts, but they didn't respond to that. :(

There really is an issue of what all is important. Most weapons are better controlled by pilots in a ship or AI than logic. A lot of rail logic is difficult to justify outside of academics because simpler systems could do the job. Something I've been looking into a bit, but am having difficulty with is making a docking system to place ships in appropriate positions to optimize space while minimizing overlapping box dims.
    don't really know something for this, if you really want least amount of overlapping the ships should be boxes. that said.... maybe put every dock in a box so that you can put every box tightly to eachother, though this will still only work for a set amount of ships or only 1 specific ship. if you make a ship shaped like a puzzle piece, you'd totaly be able to have minimum overlapping. in other words i don't really know, sorry.

thanks everyone for trying to help me, whenever you pop up with an idea, i'm open for it.
    luckily, 2 hours after i posted the thread blackhawk came to me asking a shit load to do, he filled up my time, yesterday. hoping he has some new things for me today :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    i was prototyping a more advanced version back before CR went to the grave
    the power needed was too high for anything reasonable and after about a minute of runtime i started lagging to high hell

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    i was prototyping a more advanced version back before CR went to the grave
    the power needed was too high for anything reasonable and after about a minute of runtime i started lagging to high hell
    I've got the same lag issue with a auto swarmer ship. My game can handle one of them but 2+ = game crash. :( Never had the power issue though.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've got the same lag issue with a auto swarmer ship. My game can handle one of them but 2+ = game crash. :( Never had the power issue though.
    if you never had a power issue you never made a proper nuclear swarmer

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    if you never had a power issue you never made a proper nuclear swarmer
    The version I'm working with was made to both account for the fact my computer hates me and I'm not likely to be fighting anything bigger than a good sized battle ship. >_>

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    The version I'm working with was made to both account for the fact my computer hates me and I'm not likely to be fighting anything bigger than a good sized battle ship. >_>
    did you do full swarm? missle-missle 100% slave?
    that creates lag alot faster and does alot less dmg then partial slave

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    did you do full swarm? missle-missle 100% slave?
    that creates lag alot faster and does alot less dmg then partial slave
    Yes, didn't feel like fine tuning it right now since I just wanted to get it working. 100%Mm + 100% explosive. 10 modules per computer. Yes that was just a test as well. Planning on fine tuning it later for hitting as hard as possible with as little lag as possible.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Create a Transformer... turning a Spaceship into a full walking Robot with one push on a button for example.
    And populate it, when its done ^^