Help launching game

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok, I just today created an account and downloaded the game, but when I play single or multiplayer, it goes to a loading screen showing a ton of files being loaded, and when it reaches 100%, it closes everytime I've tried. I have updated my graphics drivers, (I have an AMD and integrated intel card) and also tried re-downloading it, I think me and my friends would really enjoy playing this game so any help woud be appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m having the same issue as well, and attempted to remedy the problem with the same procedures. I even waited for a while to see if the program needed time to load, but to no avail. I anticipate, to see this issue be resolved. Help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i seem to be having the same problem, is it the windows download thats only doing this, and if so would the others work for windows?

i apprecate any help i receive

Reaction score
    I would really like help, i want to play this game, and i\'ve tried every way possible to get on.

Reaction score
    Getting this error starting up singleplayer. I click ok, then it loads the connector and server manager then gives this message, then closes all of it:

stock expectation: permission denied: connect

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    If you guys could include a DXdiag report if on Windows, that would help a lot. Also, try turning off sounds for now and see if that works.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    How exactly can we send a dxdiag report? I personally haven\'t even heard of it(Also, turning off sound didn\'t work).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    In the Start Menu, type \'DXDiag\' into the search bar. Click the blue ball/yellow X that shows up. In the window at the bottom, choose \'Run 64bit DXdiag\' if you have a 64bit installation. Then \'Save All Information\'. Then open the file that was created, copy and paste it into this post, and you are done.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I launched dxdiag and it I guess scanned some stuff and saved it to a .txt, should I paste that here?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Alright, I got the .txt, should I paster EVERYTHING here? Because there\'s quite a lot of info

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    If you know how to host it on Pastebin, go for that. Much easier. Otherwise, just throw it in here.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Just a quick glance at it shows that you are running a laptop with a standard laptop graphics chip. This is your weak point and probably why you are having problems. Integrated chips are notoriously bad for games. I am not an expert nor am I knowledgeable on the requirements of StarMade, so don\'t shoot me. A developer should be taking a look at this when they wake up from their hibernation.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, actually I have 2 graphics cards, an intel, and a high-performance AMD card, I can run most new games just fine. So I\'m not sure what to do, if it helps anyone who might stumble upon this, I got this from one of the error files I keep getting:

#
    # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
    #
    # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x000000001a28fc60, pid=8168, tid=6612
    #
    # JRE version: 7.0-b147
    # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (21.0-b17 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
    # Problematic frame:
    # C [ig4icd64.dll+0xc3fc60]
    #
    # Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
    #
    # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
    # http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
    # The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
    # See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
    #

This is just one part of it though.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Start your game up normally and when you get into the Connection Setup window, click the Crash & Bug Report tool. Include the associated Java Error Report you just got and as much detail as you can. There are some fixes that you can try to get the game working. Turning off sounds, updating drivers and Java, etc. All these can be found on earlier forum posts. Just use the search function.