Help! Just reinstalled but so very confused as to how and with what, do you build a viable ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I've searched wiki's, videos and tutorials, but have yet to find anything current.
    I'm so frustrated in SP, that I'm close to removing the application and quitting in disgust .

Is there a current tutorial ?
    Is there a current wiki? Or building forum?
    Is the new QFire balance already in the current update?
    What's a single player supposed to do? Just blindly try to build Borg Cubes to explore space and blow off mining, factories, asteroids and planets?

I'm looking forward to creating ships, fleets, and stations. Help me Obi-Wan, your my best hope.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    I've searched wiki's, videos and tutorials, but have yet to find anything current.
    I'm so frustrated in SP, that I'm close to removing the application and quitting in disgust .

Is there a current tutorial ?
    Is there a current wiki? Or building forum?
    tutorial:
    1- Add blobs of reactor to your ship.
    2- read reactor information in one of the menues you can bring up.
    3- fill in missing stabilisers, written i some obscure part of that reactor/power info build menu
    4- throw on blobs of thrusters, test to see if you need more speed till out of power or happy, goto1 if needed
    5- decide on "chambers". Note that you can kinda see the trees somewhere deep in te menues, or learn to read the game's version of variable in the .html file for them
    6- add chambers, fill up R% till happy. Goto1 or goto4 if needed.
    7-add weaponry, fil up till happy, goto1 or goto4 or goto5 as needed
    8- craft a container for your blobs of reactor and chambers and thrusters and gunz, usually out of hulls and some decorative blocks.
    9- rearrange blobs into your crafted container.

Repeat as necessary.

Is the new QFire balance already in the current update?
    not the newest one I don't think, but a "reasonably current" one.
    What's a single player supposed to do? Just blindly try to build Borg Cubes to explore space and blow off mining, factories, asteroids and planets?
    yes. or try and make factories that will just do what you want. Maybe change the crafting items to ones you think make sense.
    I'm looking forward to creating ships, fleets, and stations. Help me Obi-Wan, your my best hope.
    fleets might make you sad depending on how often the AI thread crashes for you. You can always try an join a server and beg for a wiseman to take you under wing.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    So,

welcome back.

To my knowledge there are no current tutorials wikis or other reading to quickly catch you up, the only way is to read the change logs since you left and or experiment.

That said, the stick ship (core + reactor + thruster) still works identically. when expanding from there while the weapons have been rebalance since the last tutorial they work in largely the same way. (main computer with modules + secondary computer with modules) defines weapon type and effect computers and lights can be added to further modify. balance is just something you are going to have to figure out on you own.( I don't understand it). Hull ( though it has been changed) is still just a decorative block that can be shot a little bit more before despairing. Shields not have a range bubble extending from the center-ish of the rechargers keep all your ship inside of this bubble, they otherwise work exactly the same. Jumpdrive is now built into the Ship Core. Thrusters haven't changed. Factories and mining work the same.

Reactors have seen the larges changes. reactors now scale endlessly just keep adding modules until you have enough power then add roughly the same number of reactor stabilizers so it doesn't blow up when shot. as for chamber the best method I have found is to connect a single conduit block with a single chamber block on the end activate it and read the sub menu for the reactor tree as well as the chamber module requirement and make decision based on this. at the end of the day you are going to have to fall back on trial and error though.

beyond that joining a server is a good way to ask questions.

hope this helps.