Help: create automatic defense towers

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I created my spaceship and a station, i bought AI module but i don't known how to create defense towers.

Can anyone help me, please?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Make a ship like a turret(ref. http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii512/U2fanboy100/Gun_Turrets5_zps5b341f5b.jpg ), with with antimatter blocks or missiles and add a weapons comp. Add a few thruster blocks and a couple of powere gen blocks. Make sure you have no blocks under the core, just the sides and the top. Now add a turret docking module unto where you want teh turret placed, press c on it. Add a few turret docking enhancers right next to the turret docking module. Made sure they are connected and right next to each other. Experiment with the enhancer blocks to get the proper sized turret docking green box. Now get to turret core and press 0 to use docking beam, aim at the turret docking module and fire. You should be docked now. For auto-turrets add a bobby AI module for the turret. Tick the activate box and make sure it is set to TURRET. Now, about the Bobby, it is up to you if you want it to fire red(enemy) targets automatically, set it to ANY, if you want it to target the AI yourself threw ur mothership core, set it to TARGET. If you are building AI turrets for a station just tick it to ANY.

Turrets are a quitet difficult to do, I know I had quite the trouble figuring it out at first, found not much help out there in the topics, so I hope I`ve been some what helpful.

Reaction score
    well, for turrets you select the correct type(turret) and click the check box next to activate.

Done.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    1. You\'ll want to make some turrets to attach to the station. Start a new ship to make the turret.
    2. When building the turret, do NOT put any blocks underneath the ship core block. all blocks should be above. the turret attaches via the ship core.
    3. Add in your weapons computers, bobby AI module, and, optionally, your faction module (if you\'re in a faction, that is). Add these AT THE BOTTOM with the ship core for easy access.
    4. Link up your turret\'s guns and whatnot to the turret computers, build the rest of the turret, and you\'re finished building your turret!
    5. Be sure to save your completed turret blueprint to the catalog to buy it later!

Now that you\'re done building your turret, it\'s on to attaching it to the station. Keep in mind these things:

• Your station needs to have its own power supply in order to provide sufficient power to the turret. Turrets and stations/ships collaborate to share their power supplies to the docked turret.
    • You will need a turret docking space

To meet the second prerequisite of having a turret docking space:

1. Make a docking space for your turret by placing down a Turret Docking Unit in a clean, open area where there is plenty of space for your turret. Make sure that the area is free from obstructions as this will cause the turret docking module to go offline.
    2. Link up docking enhancers (placed in box dimensions) to the turret docking block to expand your docking space to the minimum docking space your turret needs (should be big enough to fit the entire turret in the GREEN box)

Now that your docking space is ready, it\'s time to attach your turret!

1. Get inside your turret and direct it to the docking space. You may have to add thruster blocks at the back of the turret so that it can move, because most turrets do not have any thrusters.
    2. Aim your turret\'s docking beam at the docking UNIT. NOT the station, NOT the enhancer blocks. Just the turret\'s docking unit, the little block. This is where the turret will dock.
    3. Once your turret\'s docking beam hits the block, it will automatically attach to the station.
    4. Get out of your turret and get underneath it to wherever you put the AI module, and activate it!

• Make sure that you put the AI module settings to Aim at Any, Turret, and Active [X]. This will set the turret to target any enemy ships that come into range.

Congratulations! You have now successfully installed a functioning turret onto your space station!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Planr, please copy the latter and make it into a tutorial!

Reaction score
    \"Your station needs to have its own power supply in order to provide sufficient power to the turret. Turrets and stations/ships collaborate to share their power supplies to the docked turret.\"

I gotta go test that, I could swear it didn\'t when I first tried them, but then that was a lot of patches ago, and I\'ve been using independent power sources for turrets since.