Help. Capital Ship not spawning.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I built a huge capital ship on my friends server. I downloaded it to my local, then uploaded it to my single player game. But when I buy a copy it dosn't spawn. This is really stressing me out, I put a lot of time into this. Help?

Also, is there a maximim file size that a ship can be or something?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don\'t know if they will fix it, but I hope they do because it\'s a pain in the dickhole.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i might be able to help you on this one what happens when you spawn the ship in does the blue diamond just float in space? if not im agreeing with beagle unfortunately

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Im not sure about the authour but Im having trouble spawning my large ship on his server. I upload it from my local cataloge and buy the ship. Then I see a blue diamond floating in space thats exactly 50m away but the ship isnt there. Then after 5 or 10 seconds the diamond dissapears.

Reaction score
    I\'m also having this problem, it sucks, i just built a ship that costs 22 million - about 25000 blocks, and then i save it to my catalogue, then i buy it, the money is taken out of my account, then i see the blue diamond - \"Yay! my mothership is complete!\" but then i come upto the diamond, i go throught it, nothing its not there! then it dissapears.... WHY! please someone send this to Scheme!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    If it is SP THEN LOOK UP THE FREAKING ADMIN COMMANDS.

If it is MP, then go get MORE loot from pirates and sell it so you have MORE credits.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This appears to happen with smaller ships as well, around the 250 mass mark

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Same here, except for this: I have turrets installed in my blueprints, they spawn but the ship itself doesn\'t, I have no idea what\'s causing it

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So it turns out that this problem is caused by two things.

1. This has to do with the misnaming of blueprints. Ships will be saved as a random stream of letters and numbers in the blueprint file. You can sometimes fix this by renaming the .smd2 file to ENTITY_SHIP_Your_ship_name_here.smd2

2. This has to do with ships being partially saved/uploaded when using online, and has to do with a bad internet connection. So far no fix for this, but you can usually tell when its a problem if you look a tthe blueprints and they\'re missing .smd files in the attached o if the file size is smaller than it should be.