Hello, im new to the forums, and one question

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    hello my name is mzame (not my name in-game, its solstice or else I'm still trying to find a good name). :)
    i used to been creative and trying to achieve that creativity again
    i have one question btw, any good strategies to build ships?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Build the frame first. Get an idea for what you want. then begin to flesh it out.

And dont feel too bad if you're staring at a core with no ideas, a blank core is the scariest thing in the game :)

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I think it's perfectly okay to start with a cube to learn the basics. Just don't show it to anybody. ;)

Some people start with the hull and fill it with systems, some others do systems first and then cover it with hull. Try out what works better for you.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hey mzame and welcome to this great community,

to answer your question.

A way im building the most of my Ships is think about.

How big should it be? - should it be a Fighter 50x50 or a destroyer 300 long or a Titan?
    than google some cool ship Pictures to get some inspirings and Ideas what usually Spaceships gonna look like.
    Could be from other Games or movies.
    After that i create a simple Cross around the core in all directions, to see how big it will be.
    Start with the lower section of the ship because most people start with the upper ship and forget about a good looking lower.
    always work with crosses in every section to magine the sizes you want.
    First build it with just out of blocks and after youre ready try to build wedges and stuff around.
    Then you start building the hull and when youre ready the interior and the hallways.
    after all you know exactly how many space youve got left to put systems in.
    Be careful with the mirroring option and use it wisely.
    dont be scared of rebuilding whole sections if you think, they look crappy. Build it, take a look, rebuild it til its fine.

After all you got a very good looking Ship with nice RP interior.
    But sadly too many people look too much to theyr stats and if you take this as a integer, then the ships gonna look like a cube.
    And everyone knows.

Cubebuilders have nothing between theyr legs ^^

Have fun with the Game

Greez BiGEdge

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    As a shameless self plug (I'm new too) I've been posting a 'starter' ship in my fleetyards thread (link in sig) which shows you can start a ship as a brick and then expand it into something as you go, and get more resources. If you're not in creative mode with tonnes of resource, you'll have to build outwards from your core anyway. :)

Main tip is buy a camera, stick it at the front of your ship, and hide the core somewhere far, far away... in the bowels of the ship. The core is what pirates shoot at.