Held-Tech Damocles is not an original design?!?

Reaction score
    I\'m pretty sure that Ferdiheld already mentioned this. I think it might be from Star Citizen...

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    until someone finds a 3d model, I still see it as hand built and a very impressive achievement.

you can\'t cheat with this level of detail. Even if the Shell was a model conversion (which this image does not hint at) then it would still take weeks to fit the interior and finish hull detailing.

Reaction score
    I know that the briggadier is a star citzen ship(seen in squadron 42 trailer) but not if the damocles is one as well

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    So where does the damocles base design come from? To me the base design looks about 75% the same as the imgur link. Even so, the interior is well done and original.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    wearing a # wearing a jug wearing a rat wearing a planet waring one big ingot of hull wearing a pimp hat

Reaction score
    I think what he tried to say is: \"WHO CARES?!\"

Dude why on earth shouldn\'t we use references from google or whatever? It\'s a game and minecraft already showed us that it isn\'t forbidden to recreate stuff we saw somewhere. All my ships till now where created using google as reference that\'s nothing to start a discussion about.

;)

Reaction score
    I wish the color scheme for the Damocles was better, like in that picture. Red and grey..would look nice.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The damocles is from elite: dangerous. However this does not matter, since the heldtech design is wonderfully detailed, and must have taken so much work

Reaction score
    The only thing that aggravates me is that some guy said on the UNSC spirit if fire (skylord lukes build) is that the Damocles was waaayy better because it was an original build. Well HA! Proof that the damcles is not an original build is right here.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Damocles (and Briggadier which is visibly hand made as it has tons of external and internal damage from the nearby sun while building) existed before the conversion tools existed, so 3D models doesn\'t really matter :D

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    wait. so the problem is that the ship is not his design? The vast majority of ships here are not the builders design, and even if it is, it is still influenced by other ships

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    wait. so the problem is that the ship is not his design? The vast majority of ships here are not the builders design, and even if it is, it is still influenced by other ships