Bug Heat seeking Missiles Not Working in 0.171

Reaction score
    I tried putting some heat seeking missiles on my ship, but they just fly straight. They don't target enemy ships. It says heat seeking on the weapons tab and does fire multiple missiles per shot.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    If they fly straight, there is no target nearby. Potential targets are any other ships/turrets. Don't think they go for stations/planets or asteroids anymore.

Could be that it looks to your navigation filter but I doubt that.

Reaction score
    There were 5 pirate ships in front of me. The nav filter was set to show ships.

Reaction score
    You slaved a missile computer to your missile computer system, right?

Reaction score
    Yes, it wouldn't have fired multiple shots if I didn't.
    No, it would have fired multiple shots if you set the missile Tubes apart from each other, to have a heat-seeking effect you need a secondary missile computer (preferably with it's own set of missile tubes equal to the number you have for the initial missile computer)

Reaction score
    I don't know how to set up heat seeking missiles so I can't help you with that, I can howerver tell you that they work.
    A friend of mine blew plenty of holes in our base and destroyed another friends ship using them, so yeah.
    Good luck!

Reaction score
    I only used one group. They were all connected together.
    How about you go on your game, and get a picture of your Weapons menu for me (the hot key for that is defaulted to T unless you changed it)

also a picture of your ship itself

Edit: Never mind, you are right about the missile computer shooting multiples but still do the pictures, there might be something in your setup that is causing it

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Honestly, a blueprint of that ship so we can check it out would help us find your problem because I have no idea why it's not working for you.