Heat seeking missiles Cloaking, and Radar jamming

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I do not play in multiplayer so I cannot test this myself. My question is can heat seeking missiles target a ship that is jamming radar and cloaked?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Jamming prevents locking on the ship in any way other than just dumbfiring at it, as far as I know.

Additionally, cloaking prevents even that.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Not bb missiles kb. Kb missiles do not need to be aimed normally. They will just find the nearest power source. The thing I don\'t know is whether cloaking.jamming will hide your ship from these missiles in pvp. As I said I cannot test it.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The difference is that one automatically locks on and the other locks manually.

Locking works on the diamond at the center of a ship or station. If the diamond is jammed you cannot lock, and neither can the rocket if it is heat-seeking.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I\'ve tested it in multiplayer. KB missiles can\'t see someone who is running cloaking and radar jamming. They just fly in circles.

It might still be worth testing filling the sky with KB missiles and seeing if they\'ll lock on when someone who you know is around decloaks. If they dare (or volunteer for Science!).