Have not played SM in nearly a year....

Reaction score
    Where did my ships I worked countless hours on go? I want to get back into the game, but if all my hard work is lost I dont think I have the hear to start over. I could use some help, thanks guys!

Reaction score
    Starmade will usually keep backups of the files when you update. Did you have Starmade installed in a different folder on your computer before? If you go to the old install you will be able to copy the blueprint files into your new one.

A lot has changed in the last year though, a ship from a year ago will still be able to fly and fire cannons/some missiles, but it will need shield generators added and you might want to put some of the new weapons or a jump drive on. Try out the new weapons/combo system, the warp gates and the jump drive.

Reaction score
    As long as your have a blueprint saved, there should be no issues. If not, you have to dig through the files in your starmade folder. I found an old station in the server-database folder.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

Reaction score
    Even ships from three months ago don't work properly anymore. You should think about rebuilding all of them, even if you found your old ones again.

Anyway. Did you play SP or MP?

Reaction score
    Well thanks for the responses everyone, but that is not what I wanted to hear. So pretty much the 1000s of blocks of infrastructure (weapons, drives etc) would need to be replaced; problem is that stuff was so deeply hidden and integrated. Anyone know of a place that might show all updates and what they have included, I feel I have a lot of catching up to do.

Pics of my two biggest finished works:

Reaction score
    I am able to play my old version (version 0.9xxxxx or something) so whats the best way to save those ship files so I can make sure I don't lose them forever?

Reaction score
    Sorry, I'm really out of contact with the game, is that a program? Also, thank you so much for the help, I know us noobs can be a pain sometimes, but I want to get back out there and design some new ships!

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Open your inventory, on the bottom there should be a tab called "catalog", if not, your version of starmade does not support blueprints and thus there isn't a sure way to port the ships.
    If it does support blueprints, enter your ship(s) and create a new entry in the catalog for each one. Once finished, move the blueprints folder within your StarMade folder into the StarMade-folder of the new install, or just update the old installation to the latest version. The blueprints remain and you can spawn them in from the catalog tab again.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think the real game launcher (the second game launcher?) has an option under one of the menus for ship management, where you select your saved ship in the catalogue and click on "Export" to create a .sment file, which is basically a zip file containing all the files and folders for that ship. You can use that same ship manager to import .sment files into the catalogue after updating. You can also upload .sment to the Community Content area here on the website.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Aye aye aye

To save your ships on any build just go to catalog and create new entry while in your ship.
    Life is much easier now for the builders we have copy and paste as well as build helper and remove filters.

For those building big ships take a swim through the config and find build area size and add a zero

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'd advise ripping out all of the old internals from your ships and rebuilding the guts from scratch. A lot has changed.

http://star-made.org/news

I'd suggest reading up.