Have an option for servers to disable skins

Reaction score
    It seems EVERY TIME the server I'm in crashes, I return to some vanity-obsessed idiot uploading a skin.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes I second that, its a little stupid that the clients have to upload and download skins everytime.

I dont think it would be possible *yet* for StarMade to have a system that calls the players skin from an online repository it would be something nice to have.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    And/or have an option for servers to limit skin size. A quick blip as my computer downloads a few Kbytes? No problem. Watching it download someones huge skin? Problem.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    The skins should be disabled untill they create a more stable system for it. Something like how minecraft proccesses skins would be good, but expensive for schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Disabling skins seems like a great idea as a server-side option ... but, as with minecraft clients, people will just come up with hacked clients so they can \"find the diamonds\" no matter what the server says. Probably the only way to make it really work is to have the server pull a hash code or something to validate a non-hacked client.