Have AI ships capable of doing trades

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I think that would be good. Insert locations of list of shops. Then set the drone to buy/sell certain items. Give it credits and items with a storage. Make them not capable of using jump drive. Would be cool because then they are easier to shoot down and wouldn't be too over powered.

sporkja 's idea.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    id rather my errand boys have jump drives so i get my goods faster (of corse make it so they jump in 2 sectors from the shop and when departing jump out 2 sectors away so you have a small window to blow em out of the sky)

Reaction score
    I think the idea of drones traveling around the galaxy doing stuff for you is cool : D

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Similarly, it would also be fun to be able to buy from large traveling trade guild ships. It could also be a good thing for future quest systems.

Reactions: jath

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    If they can't use jump drives, then they should at least be able to make use of warpgates. :|

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Similarly, it would also be fun to be able to buy from large traveling trade guild ships. It could also be a good thing for future quest systems.
    This is what i was thinking when i read the title.

It would be neat in general to have a trading block that you had to interact with directly, that drew from storage containers. This would make more interesting player shops and make things like malls, bazaars, and other trade center formats possible. You could dock up with a large slow roaming trade guild ship, check out thier wares, and be on your way.

Trading also needs a lot more unique non block items with various uses. I am remembering some stuff from a role playing game from when i was a kid that would be pretty cool. Consumables only usable by ships, and consumables only usable by astronauts, decorations, etc. Some would be far more rare that others. Man i need to create a different thread for these ideas.

Reactions: jayman38
    Reaction score
    Another thing that could be added, might be the use for patrol drones so they don't wander off into nothingness and assign them sectors to patrol, and once they leave the sector they go back. (or make it so they random patrol Faction claimed systems) which ofcourse have downsides cause they can run into pirates but it can be positive aswell since you can see some AI combat :3