Has power generation changed?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Power drain beams generally aren't used instead of power supply beams due to lower efficiency.

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If you want up to 1.2 million e/sec, long power lines in the T/X/Z shapes are your friend. If you want over 1.2mil/sec don't build ANY long lines and just checkerboard fill the ship.

->under 1.2 mil/sec "bonus dimension" power is efficient

->over 1.2 mil a sec COMPLETELY UNLINKED SINGLE CUBES have rougly triple the efficiency of any face-touching cubes.

These two build styles are mutually exclusive: the checkerboard type only sees it's efficiency after 1.2 mil/sec, but if you have existing long line power generation checkerboards will not show their efficiency until they finish "killing" the dimension efficiency of the other reactor type, and even then the other type will "kill" the total efficiency because they are missing the single cube bonus.
    I think you can fix it by changing the rail type once it's in place, try switching to a rotator, or flipping the rail so the face is to a different side. you can always logic-magic it back to whatever else on the fly too.
    I tried the checkerboard and the bonus is indeed great. There was only one small problem: I could not enter the ship_structure tab. Every time I tried the screen would lock. Any ideas what may cause this as I had a sweet design going on.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    At a guess to many groups. If each extra power reactor is not side by side each one will count as a separate group. Having to many groups like hundreds of thousands might cause issues at a guess.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    I tried the checkerboard and the bonus is indeed great. There was only one small problem: I could not enter the ship_structure tab. Every time I tried the screen would lock. Any ideas what may cause this as I had a sweet design going on.
    Yeah the del menue can kinda die if you don't have the memory and proc power to bruteforce through it's loading that many individuals. blame schine and make a bug report ;)

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Power drain beams generally aren't used instead of power supply beams due to lower efficiency.
    Well, more to do with the fact that a mothership's weapons can't hit it's own docked entities. A power drain beam would fire straight through a docked reactor without touching it.

Reaction score
    Note:If you set rail speed to 0, it will reduce lag. You'll have to look about that, don't remember exactly how.