Has anyone made a cruise ship/civillian vessel yet?

Reaction score
    I see a lot of warships, each more awesome and intimidating than the last created by the finest army factions of this site and yet I see little options for a rich mining exec to relax on while they watch the planets drift by. Granted, the 1% of Starmade can see mansions that people have built, but the lack of space station blueprinting means those are but a dream.

The lack of decorative items in this game (which is seems to be a very controversial topic so I don't want to start any fights) doesn't help things but I'd like to see some of your civillian vessels as I need ideas for mine. So far I've used planet terrain as 'carpet' and creative plexlight placement but I'm running out of ideas.

TL;DR (My posts are always too long) let's see some luxury yachts!

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The most luxurious thing I have so far is the upper floor on my M.A.M.M.O.T.H. The apartments are much more private than all my other ships and they have access to private bath facilities lounges and the top observervation deck.

Other luxuries are on the todo list, perhaps after I finish my carrier I\'ll tackle some because I kind of need a break from the normal routine.

Reaction score
    I\'ve been thinking about building one since I started playing the game. I\'d like to build a sort of steam ship inspired pleasure craft. A place where all the pirates and wenches from around the galaxy would gather and gamble, drink and have all sorts of fun.

Like this, but in space of course:

Reaction score
    Heres my WIP starliner (cruise ship) http://i.imgur.com/gGJdTBL.png

Reaction score
    That is looking pretty cool so far. Keep up the good work. Reminds me of the cruise ship from The Fifth Element.

Reaction score
    i have lots of civilian ships, like my science vessel, my freighter, my cargo delivery ship, house ships, shuttles and small 4 man exploration vehicles. some have turrets, but only 1 or 2 for defense purposes.

elmairin

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    My ships are almost all civilian in nature... they\'re rarely optimized for combat or even weapons fire of any kind (One exception being the refit exploration vessel/corvette known as the Kiel-type, but even that isn\'t anywhere near optimal for a combat vessel) and usually just have weak AMCs and the occasional turret. Yes, this is partially because they\'re all tiny ships, but even larger ones would probably appear to be civilian ships, in configuration as well as design.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I\'ve been a bit burned out working on my carrier so I needed a break, this idea was perfect for said break.

I\'ve been inspired to build a Civilian Luxury Yacht

This Yacht will keep a wealthy space fairing family of six comfortable, safe, and happy (and the two required flight crew members not as comfortable).

The main living deck contain four small bedrooms, two bathrooms, a master bedroom, lounge, dining area with attached kitchen and observation deck. The lower deck contains a bedroom/bathroom with single bed for the flight crew to share, at least one crew member has to be awake at all times so they have to share. The lower deck also contains the core room, cockpit, and a shuttle bay. The custom built shuttle has eight jump seats so it\'s well suited for everything from and emergency escape to a day trip to some distant planet surface.

She\'s not armed with any offensive weapons but has seven defensive turrets. The shields, thick hull, and defensive guns should be enough to keep light pirate raids at bay but I wouldn\'t go hunting for trouble.

Order yours today for the low low cost of $12,696,168 !!

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I\'ve been drawing a blank coming up with ideas for science related ships. What did you do to make a science vessel?

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The interior takes up ~1/3 of the ship, has a full galley and bunks, captains quarters, and storage rooms, but it is still our all-purpose corvette platform.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Here\'s how I decorated the Yacht:

Dining room table, and kitchen. I use Powersupply beams as a sink (some kind of futuristic water free cleaning sink) and an astro technician as a stove, the plex door on the left is a walk in refrigerator with an ice block in it.

The lounge has several couches, a computer and small table.

Master bedroom has a larger bed than the standard beds as well as a computer, storage and some shelves. The smaller bedrooms have a basic bed, storage, and a shelf as well.

Reaction score
    This looks incredible, I especially like the walk in refridgerator idea.

Reaction score
    I am planning on building Starship UK(from Doctor Who) eventually, but currently playing on a PvP server

Reaction score
    I\'ve been wanting to build that ever since I saw that episode. Just...don\'t build any Smilers.