Half-blocks?

Reaction score
    Is there some super-secret, hidden option of keys to press to lay down or create a smaller sized version of a block in your inventory, or no? Even the half-blocks some other games have would work fine!

I seem to be having some issues with proportions in my larger ship. The outside proportions look fine. The hallways feel the right size and everything on the overall/ship scale looks like a good fit. Then I try to create interior spaces... The bridge, crew quarters and passenger cabin all feel like I swallowed the wrong pill and entered into Wonderland; things almost seem twice the size they should and I can't find any viable blocks to make chairs, desks, beds, etc. out of without crowding the area and make it look like a giant race of semi-humanoids took over the ship...

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Is there some super-secret, hidden option of keys to press to lay down or create a smaller sized version of a block in your inventory, or no? Even the half-blocks some other games have would work fine!

I seem to be having some issues with proportions in my larger ship. The outside proportions look fine. The hallways feel the right size and everything on the overall/ship scale looks like a good fit. Then I try to create interior spaces... The bridge, crew quarters and passenger cabin all feel like I swallowed the wrong pill and entered into Wonderland; things almost seem twice the size they should and I can't find any viable blocks to make chairs, desks, beds, etc. out of without crowding the area and make it look like a giant race of semi-humanoids took over the ship...
    Unfortunately no, and every ship has that problem. Every block is a meter and all the characters are 2 meters tall. thus, making a chair larger than a single wedge, or a bed more than two blocks make's it huge.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The simplest solution would be to make characters taller. But then we'd have another round of whining about necessary ship redesigns.

Reaction score
    Well.... crap. Considering my ship is a 200 seat passenger liner with a walk-in bridge... hrmmm... I might be putting that one on hold for a bit :(

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I don't really find the need for half blocks honestly. I wouldn't say that it's out of our scope in the future. But it isn't a priority. Players want other features more than they want half blocks currently.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I don't really find the need for half blocks honestly. I wouldn't say that it's out of our scope in the future. But it isn't a priority. Players want other features more than they want half blocks currently.
    Neither do I. Personally I have no problems creating interiors without them feeling gigantic.

Reaction score
    Honestly I would want half-blocks(plates?) for very small fighter armor, really. A proper small fighter(i.e. an A-wing or X-wing) should be lightly(lower strength, lower weight, lower cost) armored, but that's currently impossible unless it's the size of a freighter or bigger.:p

Reaction score
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I think in terms of decoration and aesthetic design, it should be a large priority simply because of all the applications you can get out of them. Otherwise in the grand scope of things, unfortunately there are certainly bigger things to do first, I agree.

Reaction score
    Still, I think you wouldn't really be able to put components in and armor on all sides, at least not without having more armor than components. A balanced fighter shouldn't be mostly made of armor(that's a flying tank), nor should it be exposed to direct fire(didn't used to be a problem with 100HP-components:rolleyes:). There are also fighters like the aforementioned A-wing that skimp more on armor compared to that, and would need to be very lightly armored.

It's not a top priority, but I don't think it would be very hard either.(9 or so orientations I can think of, 3 putting the slab in the center, which may not be useful/wanted. Dunno how many there can be, but I think it's more than that. Just needs 6 to make it work.) 1/2, 1/4, and 1/8 would be nice(in descending order of importance). We'd have to have variable mass per block(i.e. advanced armor is heavier per block, basic hull is lighter per block) for this to really be useful. These half-blocks would weigh half, cost half, and have half HP. If not, then it loses much of its usefulness. Nice option would be some kind of half-wedge/corner/etc., but I don't know how or if that would work. Don't even know what that would look like.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Could I use those blocks to add to a build? Sure. But do I really need to? Sometimes I am overwhelmed by the number of individual blocks already. All colors have 3 types of hull and crystal armor. That's 200 blocks I think. Not including decoration blocks or non-decoration blocks used purely for aesthetic. I would be entirely fine if this game shipped without half blocks.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Legomeniken are 3 full legoblocks tall or 9 thin ones, oh well other game other rules :)