Hailing.

Reaction score
    A simple suggestion. When you attack a trade station a message appears in the top left saying "stop shooting". Would be cool if there was a system whereby players could directly contact a specific ship where short messages can be sent and appear in the same way.

Perhaps done by selecting a ship and using the chat function, or something.

Would make ship-to-ship communications more graceful and more immersive.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This does seem like a nice idea because then if you find your self having pirates coming close to you while your in your mining vessal you can bribe them to go away or call for help. Maybe pirates should give you a chance to surrender which you can escape from their base and get some loot too, like in starwars :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I support this greatly! It would add a new layer of immersion which the game could benefit from, especially for those that role-play. Add all the small features and it\'ll compliment the game as a whole. I can imagine all the Star Trek and U-Boat/Navy people cheering happily. If done right, it would also make space traffic feel more lively and interactive.

Opening up a channel then warning the pirates to back off then firing a warning shot for them to notice. Maybe even disable a weapon system directly for the AI to notice. On a more peaceful note - hailing passing freighters or scout ships to gain intel or to even trade. Even ask for the nearest arctic planet or similar.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That\'s precicsly why it should be put in but I have checked the forums and I can\'t see an forum topic saying what the planned updates.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The only thing I would like to add is a range limit at x sectors away. Hailing a ship maybe within 2 sectors, distress signals to 5? Or something to that effect.

Reaction score
    That\'s a great idea. It would make role-playing much more engaging.

Reaction score
    I got no problem with this, I see a lot of potential in this when it comes to servers.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Auto hailing, have a thread for it named Auto hailing in Sectors or something close to that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    adding to this idea it would be cool if we could have a starfox like message thing with a customizable .gif or 16x16 icon too. yes there is the possibility for abuse, but as long as there are server side control to disable those with inapporprate icons it would be great.