Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Used to hack computers. Not the core.
    Meta item you carry.
    • Allow limited time access to a system computer or logic block. Chip burn out occurs at end of time
    • Could also give limited access. Perhaps more than one type of hack chip for different levels of functionality
    • Components to build extremely complex. Maybe a mixture of charged circuits, Bobby AI, computer types for access specifics and maybe other complicated components and rear minerals to make it a difficult thing to manufacture
    • Also have a high cost and rare availability in shops

Would make boarding ships more fun.. Hack doors, systems, etc
    Create havoc in battles with boarding parties.
    Mess with ships, stations, planets.

Bound to be many more uses.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    its possible to build hack able stations
    for example

you can make a key combination lock keeping doors shut
    the length of a key acts as a difficulty
    once you enter you can excess a public storage block
    or if you type in the code wrong to many times it will let you into a false room with traps like turrets

Reactions: Lone_Puppy

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I could sware that some time ago during one of the dev Q&As they said that hacking would be a thing although that was some time ago.

Reaction score
    Used to hack computers. Not the core.
    Meta item you carry.
    • Allow limited time access to a system computer or logic block. Chip burn out occurs at end of time
    • Could also give limited access. Perhaps more than one type of hack chip for different levels of functionality
    • Components to build extremely complex. Maybe a mixture of charged circuits, Bobby AI, computer types for access specifics and maybe other complicated components and rear minerals to make it a difficult thing to manufacture
    • Also have a high cost and rare availability in shops

Would make boarding ships more fun.. Hack doors, systems, etc
    Create havoc in battles with boarding parties.
    Mess with ships, stations, planets.

Bound to be many more uses.
    I mean I am sure it is possible somehow... you can always try and play around with something like Cheat Engine. But anything that requires changed game resouces, will require you to actually mod the game and not just change some memory.

Reaction score
    I mean I am sure it is possible somehow... you can always try and play around with something like Cheat Engine. But anything that requires changed game resources, will require you to actually mod the game and not just change some memory.
    That's not the "Hacking" the OP and the others are talking about. What they are talking about would be more along the lines of "Hijacking". Basically, the Hacking Tool or Chip that they are talking about, would be an in-game item to allow them to override the functions of a Ship's or Station's Faction Module.

A good idea, as such things in meta would become an inevitability, and an excellent counter for it would be a Firewall Subsystem, meant to add a flat percentage chance to fail on hacking attempts based on the size of the ship and the size of the Firewall Array.