Gungnir ShipWorks

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    An update on the server-side collection of ships of the Gungnir Faction. some are original design, others are modified.

The Gungnir light assault cruiser. Designation: S-MA-01 (single-pilot medium armament) Original design

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    BUT i fixed some discrepancies in appearance and performance

and then my updated Gungnir with 2 more turrets!

Reaction score
    I\'m currently working on the Hyperion Complete. Should be done today.

Also, the thing with Gungnir, it\'s usable for at least one person, as in one person mans the ship, while another can man a turret or something. Worked well that way.

Reaction score
    Quite an impressive starting assortment of ships. I\'m liking this faction already (and I still haven\'t received the invite yet xD). Would you be looking for new builders to help out with this?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    V3slayer, next time youlog onto nass, just ask if a gungnir member is on. Im sure they can send invites as i have set most of our active members as invite-capable. :D. Would be glad to have you with us!

Reaction score
    The Great Crusader could not be admitted to the Gungnir ShipWorks as some fool had failed to keep the ship safe, and another fool decided it was time to end the ships life. This means that my current project was demolished (As always. What\'s new? >.>), and I\'ll start making my own titan.

V3Slayer: Ask me for an invite when I\'m on. I\'ll toss one since Refire said you can join. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    NOW IN SP! i\'m working on our faction\'s next capital ship\'s hull!

it\'s a Binvox/SMEdit hollow shell made from a 3d model of Raynor\'s Hyperion (though major reshaping will be required on the wings and some of the other chunks that were not modeled in the file)

the hull will be finished without any additions besides turrets, thrusters, some marginal shields and energy/power storage blocks neccesary to transport it, and then saved to be uploaded as a blueprint to the server. there we will be adding the internals. Ive been workign on it for the past 3 hours. Progress picture!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    that\'s up to the accuracy of the 3d model though. if the 3d model isn\'t very accurate, then the resulting ship won\'t be very accurate either. this one was somewhat accurate, but the shape of the wings was off, along with the lengh and shape of the rear overhang/thruster hood and the underside (which is in serious need of reshaping)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    dem sexy engines are a product of 2 hours of deleting small sections, referencing pictures, and re-creating :P

references:

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af175/youlovecolin/sc2/Rear.png

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100717012438/starcraft/images/d/d9/Hyperion_SC2_DevRend1.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/starcraft/images/b/ba/Hyperion_SC2_Art1.jpg

http://sc2pod.com/img/gallery/939.jpg

http://firsthour.net/screenshots/starcraft-2-wings-of-liberty/starcraft-2-wings-of-liberty-hyperion-mar-sara-zerg.jpg

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af175/Combatskillz/HyperionCruisingStarcraft2PC.jpg

btw this is a behemoth class battlecruiser, supposedly 500m long approximately, but i made it 540m long., so the official scale of it is:

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Aah, good old starcraft.

I still cant see why the arbiter came before the mothership and had all its abilities, yet was like 1000X smaller.

Yet the protoss are badass, they always get the big ships. But the awesome zerg look like they are severely outmatched, I mean, look at the size of the mutalisk and compare it to the mothership.

:P

Never heard of the Behemoth class battlecruiser, even though i am a massive starcraft geek. Cant wait till its done though, Starmade is going through a crazy craze in which there is alot of scaffolding in ship builds, and i can see quite the large scaffolding arrangement on the middle of it (well it looks like it anyway)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    yeah well, this one will be raynor\'s battlecruiser, the Hyperion though, so none of that scaffolding down the middle. the model is still all rough and wedgeless, and that\'ll probably be one of the most time-consuming things about it. i hope this can live up to the expectations of the community that likes details once i finish...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    Taking a break from the hyperion till i get a better computer to handle it and instead working on a scaled down version of the Ardent Prayer (halo Covenant corvette). real scale, it\'s supposed to measure roughly 450m, but this is scaled down to about 250m. the exterior is still WIP, same with interior, but hopefully it will be done soon and i can add the systems to it. (interior will be basic: just the bridge/control room, a interior docking bay with small fighters, upper EVA docking bay with small fighters, and hallways to connect them)
    since it IS a small capital ship, it needs protection using turrets, and i will be adding a large number of turrets mounted inverse-broadside within the arches of the lower ring. hopefully a swarm of turrets flushmounted inside this ring will be kept protected from enemyy fire from the main ship\'s shields while dishing out enough shots on target to make it a significantly difficult target...

pictures!

UPDATE STATUS:

interior is starting to take shape, exterior still needs more work, but getting much closer

See all the glowing dots on the bottom? each of those will have a twin barrel turret docked neatly inside the arching shell.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    Covenant Corvette functional now :) pictures later, but if your download and use it yourself, you\'ll see it anyways...

http://star-made.org/node/12184

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Beautifully designed, I can\'t imagine why you didn\'t just go all out and build it to scale... but just for the record, SDV Corvettes aren\'t capital ships, not even close.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    in starmade, 200m starts getting into small capital range. i know in the halo universe capital starts between 500-1km, but this is starmade... where planets are 400m in diameter.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    These are all great ships, but one suggestions: you have to make a huge D-1000 missile array that will fire down through the cannone that the Covenant use for glassing planets. Then you can fly over a planet and blow huge holes through it and it will be AMAZING!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    i might make a revision of the corvette with a d1000 missle turret housed in the upper dome to fire through the thing at the bottom, as i have an unweaponized shell saved in my catalog ready for retrofitting...