gun shield and power layouts

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    hello I'm me a newish player and I was wondering when maby the ai on a turrent would be modifyied from the ai menue on the ship? My second question sujestion is that maby you guys could have a hyperdrive sorta thing traveling the galixy is just so boreing ..posably adding a SEARCH in the ships menue on the site and can u guys give us some pics of the most efficent dezigns. Of reactors ( power)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I can answer your question about power atleast. imagine a cube like a dice now outline 3 edges with a simple line of generators and connect the 3 with another reactor block at one corner. If you imagine the cube you can do that 2 times. you have to keep the 2 groups of the cube from connecting. Basically you lose energy by connecting them. If a reactorblock is adjectant to another power block, meaining they are built together like this XXXX they form a group. XXXXXXXX is also a group XXXXXXXOXXXXXXX would be two groups with the the O being anything else.A single group gets a maximum efficency at 200 block lenghts.

Now imagine your cube

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXO

X X

X X

X X

X X

OXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This would basically make you 2 Groups with many unique blocks. The reactor at the corner only counts for one line in the group. Basically it would be most efficent to make a star around a center reactor block stretching 200 blocks away in all directions from the center block.

X

X

X

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

X

X

X

Something like this but 200 blocks long. That is a bit unpracticalbe therefore we stack cubes into each other for less space consumption. Using this you can generate a maximum of 1 Million Energy of Bonus from this Pattern. If you reach that Bonuslimit you make a big cube of pure powerblocks. Since after the Bonus each powerblock only gives you 25/e.

Shielding just place them where you want. Thrusters and powercontainers benefit from connecting them together.

Like 2 big thrusters give you 100 thrust meaning each does 50, a single line of thrusters that connect them can boost you to like 150 or something. Same goes for energystorages.

Hope i could hep you. If any information is wrong please correct me since the stuff is selftaught.

MfG: Dr_Dac